the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Finding out your roommate's potential as an artist is the new awesome

Since my sister is planning on getting married so quickly, today Bets kindly offered to create a speedy wedding invitation in her signature style.

Sister, if you need to see Bet's portfolio to know that she does good work, I have taken the liberty of collecting some of her past masterpieces that have been done over the years. Her best work is done in church, and the great thing is, she generally uses me and whoever is visiting that weekend as her (really good-looking) models.

here is the weekend Cassian came to town:

this is one of her first pieces - me and brendan, holding the hand of friendship. (don't worry veeda, it doesn't mean a thing. bets draws picutres of me holding her boyfriend's hand all the time, so i think it is just one of her signature looks).

See?

(Also, Betsy picks up on subtle details that some people don't. I bet that usually looking at that pig-nosed Steve in real life, you wouldn't realize that one of his arms is giant and one of them is scrawny. Well. Lucky for you, Betsy has an eye for detail.)

Tanner and I, doing bacon cheers.

Jordan and Paul, before they got married. I think that betsy had offered to draw this as their engagement photo, but it looks like Jordan gave it an F. Maybe for fabulous?

And these are two really nice head shots of Keith and Steve G., just to show that it doesnt have to be a full body shot if you don't want it to be.

So listen, sis. Hire Betsy, and your lips will never look better, and your elbows will never look so sharp.

14 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger gretel said…

    and you never knew you were able to stand like a ballerina and not fall backwards.

    hehe :)

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    Sorry I gave you an F.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I love that you also wrote "bad job."

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    ALWAYS love to write notes and draw pictures on the programs between the pictures of the Savior and who is leading the music that week. My boyfriend wrote in Thai all over the program once.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    i love that everyone has Mick Jagger lips!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    This is good because I'm quitting the invite business. I'm glad that you can be there to carry on my legacy Betsy.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Sometimes I have a hard time with limbs.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    My lips really are that full, and my limbs exceptionally bendy. I was an art model for 2 years. I would do it for you just for the experience.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    no thank you f*bomb.
    unless you come to church with me.
    i only draw at church.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    Too bad I hate church. HATE IT.

    I'm kidding. I love church. And I love YOU. But can I be naked in church then? I am accustomed to posing clothingless.

    I'm new to blogging- but I think it's just as good as stalking/peeping tom/eavesdropping.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    again, no thank you f*bomb.
    i do not believe in church hating or naked or stalking or peeping tom-ing or eavesdropping.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Veeda said…

    well, i suppose it's nice that brendan's was the first to inspire the collection.

    Oh, and please don't ever spell my name like that again. V-Duh is more appropiate.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Tannertrue said…

    Those aren't mick jagger lips. My lips are just that luscious. I am told that the taste like strawberries... I wouldn't know because I am so used to it... whatever.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    ew- Betsy-boo.
    I just realized that I have no real identification on my blog id thing...I am new at this. My entries are totally creepy and weird if you don't know who I am.
    It's Farrah. I saved your life once.
    And I'm totally kidding about going to church naked. Sort of...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home