the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The absolute new awesome

Dear Friends & Family,

On the way to Malibu Grand Prix last night I got a message from my doctor's office. The message was that the sample taken from my ankle last week was all clear of cancer cells. Oh man, hooray!!! I'm not sure if prayers and well wishes of friends and family can actually change a diagnosis, but what I'm absolutely certain they do is buoy up the person dealing with the scary thing. In this case, me. So thanks for caring about me. And for taking the time to pray, or send good thoughts or whatever it is you did. I appreciate it and I felt truly comforted by it.

And thanks dad for pushing me and pestering me incessantly until I finally went to the doctor to get checked. You're so annoying but I still love you.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled posting.

Love,
Betsy

10 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Damian said…

    hip hip

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Damian said…

    HOORAY

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was a gift from heaven to be in the car with you when the news was delivered.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    no shawn, it was your birthday gift.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh good, that's a huge relief. :D

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad that you're going to be okay, Betsy. Answered prayers!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Yeah! That's such a relief! I once thought I had breast cancer and it was the scariest thing in the world. It was a good wake up call for my life though.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wooohoooo! So glad to hear this. I'll bet after you got the news you kicked some serious racing butt.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Maria Petrova said…

    what a blessing! about prayers helping - a friend of mine had a cancerous lump in her neck when she was 19. her ward fasted for her, and the next DAY at her doctor's appointment, the lump was gone.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger MF said…

    glad to hear it----uh...read it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home