the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, February 23, 2007

Goldmines are the new awesome

My first week of work is just about finished and it's been great. I miss Kat and Jules though. It's not every day you meet life-long friends like them at a job.


In the category of things I don't have to miss is my access to Mollie Stone's grocery store. If you've never been to Mollie's it's a sort of upscale, expensive but really awesome for lunch and specialty grocery items kind of place. And there was one right by my old work that I'd go to all the time. Well, guess what's across the street from my new work...


As if Mollie's isn't enough...the Bayhill Shopping Center is a serious Goldmine for lunch hour time killing. Here's what else it has to offer:

Starbucks
Peets
Carl's Jr.
Taco Bell
31 Flavors
Jamba Juice
A pizza by the slice place
A Vietnamese restaurant
A sushi restaurant
Long's Drugs
Video Game Store (extra good for me because I'm a total gamer)
Dry Cleaners
Nail Salon
Tanning Salon
Gym
French Bakery
Beauty Supply

And that's just the stores I can remember off the top of my head.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    LOVE the yuppy mollie stones lunch rendevous spot as well. good work girl. how is your new job?

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger nathaniel said…

    you love peets! and there is one near where i live. i know exactly what to get you.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Strip malls are the best

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger bex said…

    you can get your nails done, get tanner, AND buy video games, all in the same strip mall? jeal-ous.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Robyn said…

    um, i guess you haven't even noticed that there's a TGIFridays right across the street too, or else I'm sure that woulda been top on the list, what with fried macaroni-n-cheese and all. . . .

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    can i come to the next white trash monday robyn?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home