the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Death scab for scootie is the new awesome

You may remember that we have a scooter gang here in SF called Death Scab for Scootie. Right now there are three members. Rebecca is the president. Steve is the VP and I'm the mascot. As the mascot I get to perform lots of important tasks including, but not limited to, meeting minutes, snack patrol, bird-terd-cleaner-offer, and helmet holder.


Sometimes I get a little annoyed that I don't have a scooter of my own so I have to just ride on the back of one of theirs, but they both keep telling me that if I work hard I might get to drive one of their scooters around the block within the next couple of months or so.


The great thing about being in DSFS means you can go to all the hard-to-get-to neighborhoods in SF that you typically avoided before because parking and public transit are no good. The other night we all went to North Beach and had dinner at Giordano Brothers and parked right out front! And because I had done such a great job shining everyone's helmets earlier that night, I even got to have a bite of Steve's sandwich and one french fry.


Steve and Rebecca each had their own big sandwich which didn't bother me because I know it takes way more energy to drive a scooter than to just ride on the back of one.



And this past weekend, after I carried Steve's backback when we went to see the buffalo...


And made him a snack at the beach...


He let me take a 5 minute nap which was such a nice break for a busy mascot like myself.


All this hard work might bother me if I didn't get to see views like this all the time.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    That's nice that they let you eat.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    so cute! i love dsfs club!!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i think we need a DSFS logo to put on our helmets and our bikes. Anyone have any good design ideas?

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Mrs. Giovannini said…

    I just want to let you know that I love your blog! It IS the new awesome!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    seriously why would you ever move away from that place?

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger English said…

    I've commissioned and design from Jared because the club's name is so good.

    The new awesome is funny. It has become the New York Times for a world (albeit a small world).

    It's the hub for all other blogs. A grand central station for procrastinating on the internet.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger bex said…

    guys. you say such nice things about TNA. thank you.

    and i can hardly wait to see what jared has in store for DSFS. thank you for commissioning it

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Anyone know of a good place to buy leather vests? Bex and Steve are making me, excuse me, have asked me to do some comparison shopping for them.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger bex said…

    with fringes, bets. don't forget the fringes.

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    you are so lucky. tons of perks.

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Kalamazoo Upholstery said…

    Lovely poost

     

Post a Comment

<< Home