the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fake News is the new awesome

I know this is kind of old news for some of you, but awhile back, The Onion was in town and they took my photo for potential use in one of their stories. Sure enough, a few weeks later my face showed up in a really funny article as Sally Toeffer, a cold-hearted physics grad student whose rigid adherence to the laws of nature would have made any scientist proud.

Anyway. I just bought their new book, Homeland Insecurity because I was excited to see that my piece is printed in there.

I am glad to be immortalized in the pages of the archives of my favorite news source.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    Can I call you Sally now? You are so famous.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    impressive girl. the onion...that's a big deal!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha, VERY sexy.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    will you autograph all of our copies of this book if we buy it?

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger MLE said…

    i want an autographed copy too. i'm going to go buy a copy.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i just wish i had actually written the article instead of just qualifiying because i look like a condesending heartbreaker. It is such a funny point/counterpoint.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    but no way would you have confused the ionosphere with the troposphere.

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    wow, that is so cool!!!

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger Tyler said…

    That's so amazing and I am so jealous.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So that little thing on the side that says "We love love letters" means, "we love scientifically plausible love letters"?

    I'll keep it in mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home