the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, January 26, 2007

The rock is the new awesome

Maybe you remember I was totally trash talking last weekend before the big flag football game between San Fran (The Rock) and Stanford (The Saints). When I arrived at the game I was afraid I had jinxed the team. My snotty blog post the night before had obviously put the team at a disadvantage.


Rob and Dan were the ring leaders of this whole thing.


Some key players included:
Rick


Bradley and Steve


and the new guy Brant. No wait, Brant was a key dancer, not a key player.


Lindsay, Allie and I wore specially made shirts for the occasion:
Allie: Team Bradley
Me: Team Santos
Lindsay: Team Brantos


Patrick and Lindsay are the kind of fair weather fans any team would be lucky to have behind them. Totally annoyed when their team is doing poorly...


...and totally on board when their team starts to do better.


In the end, SF pulled off a landslide victory...


...thanks in no small part to our mascot Al Capone.


Go team!


Afterthought: Maybe in you're head you're thinking x-football players would be key to a flag football victory. You'd be wrong. Turns out x-soccer players are key.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    boy I am glad we won... we were talking lots of trash...Bets

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i am glad to know that my iron-on letters live on in usefulness

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    i'd like to pause for a moment and thank the santos and bex for commenting on this post. if they hadn't, this would have been the biggest bomb of a blog post in history. almost.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Joy said…

    Weird, true story. My roommate told me she was reading my blog, linked to Cindy's blog from there (Goose Girl), checked out your blog and thought "hey, this girl in SF sounds really cool she should hang out with Brant.....and there's a pic of Brant..." So I got on there, and the very first thing I see is a pic of my buddy, Lee. Small world out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home