the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Year of the Klutz is only kind of the new awesome

Maybe I spoke too soon when proclaiming 2007 to be off to a good start, because it seems like I have been struck with some pretty bad luck ever since we ushered in the new year. I have a number of bruises and cuts on my legs from a newfound propensity for running into sharp/hard objects, have been misplacing all sorts of important things, dropping expensive electronics (like my new camera...), and a number of other mishaps that thus far bode poorly for 2007.

For instance - we were at Mark and Pepper's baby shower the other night, and Jordan had done the table up all gorgeous, like any self-respecting tea party ought to be...


This is Betsy and Kristie, enjoying their hot chocolate and tea right before they asked me to refresh their cups.

And this is the table right after I had poured hot chocolate all over everything, including Betsy's skirt, while successfully scalding Kristie.


And, my cursed luck continues, because tonight I was riding my scooter along Haight with a passenger in tow when we heard a strange thumping noise coming from the rear of the scooter. I stop, and look at the wheel to see this:

An enormous nail, just sticking right out of the tire. How does that happen? Of course as soon as I took the nail out, all the air in the tire went with it, and my friend that i was taking home had to get roped into pushing my scooter back to my place with me.

Still 357 more days to go in 07. I am scared to leave the house tomorrow.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Although not awesome for you, your year of the klutz has provided me at least three awesome laughing fits over the past few days...most recent being when I leaned over to you today during Sunday school...already in hysterics...and said "um, remember when you totally burned that girl at the tea party?"

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I realize that maybe my previous comment didn't make that many people laugh out loud (lol) but believe me, it's funny.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger bex said…

    hahahahaha. i think the funniest thing is that the hot chocolate fiasco didn't happen all at once. First i spilled all over you, bets, while kristie watched on. Then she STILL asked me to fill her cup, and none of us should have been surprised when i missed her cup completely and just poured it straight onto her hand.

    if it wasn't such a tragic state of affairs, I would be rotflol

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Damian said…

    rotfbshc



    rolling on the floor because of scalding hot chocolate.

    This whole thing doesn't surprise me much, I have long known that ladies are inherently unlucky.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i had a dream that i got bit my a cobra. i hope your luck doesn't get that bad.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger paul said…

    i hope your luck is better than mine bex. i got nail in my scooter's rear last october and it is still sitting dormant in my yard. it's just too tempting to drive my car to work and listen to npr (rather than huddle on my scooter in the cold california winter).

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    i know it was probably both embarassing and painful for the girl who got scalded but that is an awesome story. made all the better because it happened at what looks like the classiest baby shower ever. well played bex, well played indeed.

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Kristie said…

    um...lets just say that it was a great way to break in my apartment. becca you can come over for hot chocolate any time. i think the nail in the tire tops the chocolate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home