the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Roommate Christmas is the new awesome

'Tis the season for Evites...
December has been packed full of parties and outings and fun fun fun but last night,with our pending departures to our respective homes looming on the horizon, Rebecca and I decided to take a break from the madness and have a good old-fashioned roommate Christmas.

We took advantage of "$12 Tuesday" at 2223 and had a fantastic meal in our lovely little neighborhood called the Duboce Triangle.


The servers at 2223 are all very knowledgeable and courteous and oh yeah, hot. Our server Patrick was maybe the most beautiful man on earth. And I’m pretty sure he was in love with us.

Apparently someone thought I didn’t need to be eating so many carbs and gave me the mini bread?


Seriously, Rebecca’s bread was giant.


I quickly forgot about the bread situation when the flatbread arrived. It was covered in caramelized onions, blue cheese, apple compote and other unknown deliciousness.


I ordered the butternut squash ravioli off the $12 menu. It was like pasta and pumpkin pie all rolled into one.



Being a serious carnivore, Rebecca ordered the meatloaf off the $12 menu.


We were both so full but our boyfriend…sorry, our server Patrick suggested we share a 2223 famous bread pudding dessert.


Anything for you Patrick.


After dinner we walked home to exchange gifts. Our tree is perfect for two presents.


I gave Rebecca two super cute serving plates that she totally didn’t care about (notice them discarded on the table next to her) but she nearly passed out over the set of Sharpies I bought her at Costco.


About a million years ago I took a picture with my camera phone of a squirrel scarf from my favorite boutique in San Francisco that I was in love with and my best roommate in the world went onto the World Wide Web and found me my very own squirrel scarf.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    isn't that restaurant like two seconds away from halloween in the castro?

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes I wish you guys were my roommates. I mean, uhhh, if I weren't married and all that. Yeah.


    (don't tell Nate I just said that...)

    I love you guys.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    the feeling is mutual court.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    You'd better keep one eye open while you sleep, Betsy, because I'm coming after you and that scarf.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger bex said…

    don't worry, bets. if anyone tries to steal your scarf (cindy!) I will draw on them with many diffent colors of sharpie!

    and not pretty things, like rainbows and puppies.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger David said…

    love... it's exciting and new.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home