the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Watching "Football" is the new awesome

I boycotted the Super Bowl today. I'm just not really one for football, but I don't try to be too snotty about it. Which is why I compensated by watching Invincible, one of the greatest football movies ever.

Looks like I enjoy football when it is played to sappy, inspirational music, when the players are as good looking as Mark Wahlberg, and when there is kissing happening between important plays.

11 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger bex said…

    also, bets cried the whole time during the important parts. she never does that during normal football

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah man, I so wish I could have come to YOUR Super Bowl Party. I think I would have enjoyed that football more as well. I did have my knitting to keep me occupied though! =)

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    Still need to see it.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    ha! I actually saw this movie in the theater (no, i didn't pay for it).. and the ENTIRE stanford football team was there. Their commentary (come on! you have to get back up! and OUCH! that hurt!!) was PREMIUM.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    sign me up. men in tights. love. sappiness. my kind of flic.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    say what you want about that movie, but Marky Wahlburg cannot be vinced.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger English said…

    "important plays"

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    football is so much better when it has a kick ass soundtrack...

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger anonymousloveletters@gmail.com said…

    a love letter for you - valentines day is coming up!!!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    blogger hates us.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger English said…

    Having watched the film now myself, I re-read this post wondering if I'd commented on it yet.

    I love that what I thought to write was exactly the same post I did last time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home