the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines are the new awesome

Instead of pillow fighting on valentines day with the rest of SF, I decided to go out to dinner with TWO valentines. I figured that with two of them, the odds were in my favor that something good would be bound to happen.

we found a random Thai restaurant in berkeley, and were drawn in by this classy homemade sign out front saying "Palm Thai + valentine & you = enchanting evening," and promising a valentines rose with every meal!

These were my valentines. They even let me serve myself the rice out of the fancy silver tureen first, like a couple of gentlemen.

The free "rose" that we got was a) fake (and not even a convincing fake) b) smelled funny and c) came in a greasy wrapper with the upc symbol and 'made in china' sticker still on it that looked suspiciously like it had been purchased at a gas station, but I still let the boys fight over who would give it to me.

Half-way through the meal, I noticed that my valentines weren't paying all that much attention to me. I think it was about the time that they started talking about going home together and feeding eachother cucumbers that I quit even trying.



I won't even mention the part of the evening where I got stranded in the cold outside of a club because my friend locked her keys in her car. As promised, Valentines Day 2007 - you truly were an enchanted evening.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Look how Jared's moves work just as well on boys as they do on girls!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    That's how my Valentine's date would have acted had Lee been with us. Next year, Bex, if we're still single, I think we should have out own Valentine's date.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i am penciling you in, cindy. you would make an excellent valentine.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A night of passion. Valentine's 07, you rocked me.

    Paul

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger savoury toothed tiger said…

    i think they work better on boys

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The phantom of Jared's touch haunts me at night. My body still remembers his warmth. My ears miss his sultry, whiskery whispers.

    Paul (again)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home