the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fighting the February Factor is the new awesome

I am glad it is finally the last day of this month. February is my least favorite month of the year, because without fail, it seems to be the time of year for me that everything feels a little out of sorts. My friends in college and I named it the February Factor - if ever there is a time of year to feel a little stressed, depressed, or just kind of not yourself, it seems to be February.

I can't quite figure out what brings it about every year. It is probably a combo of the after-holiday slump, prolonged chilly winter weather, all those breakups right after the holidays and before valentines day, realizing that you haven't kept any of your new years resolutions yet, or some wacky yearly alignment of stars.

I am proud to say that I handled the February Factor better than some people this year ...


still. good riddance, February. I am ready to really start 2007.

15 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Damian said…

    I the year started off just TOO strong, they next few months were bound to be a let down.

    I say, bring on Spring.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Robyn said…

    i think it's probably because you hate black history. Rude Betsy

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Robyn said…

    I mean, Becca

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    I love Feb. I turned 28, had a great V-Day and got engaged. What could better?

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree. I never quite understood why I hate Jan and Feb until I read this blog post. Thank you for showing me the light.
    DO you think this means that tomorrow (march 1)I will actually work out and eat right?
    ~chica

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    oh yeah alice? well i found a giant diamond in my ice cream cone the other day.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger bex said…

    wait a second. I thought you found out that you had cancer this month, betsy. not a giant diamond in your icecream.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    oh yeah, my bad.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger bex said…

    easy mistake.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger robin marie said…

    i heart february (because it has my birthday in it) but other than that it has been a really dumpy month!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Steph said…

    what's not to love? feb is short, it gives you a reason to feel lonely, the weather is cold, and wait a minute. my list isn't looking so good anymore.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger jocie said…

    AMEN.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    february made me realize that every month should have 4 weeks which would make 13 total months + new years day. perfect.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger bex said…

    but you still hate february, right?

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger marshall p said…

    p.s. mercury was in retrograde so that prolly had everyone even more messed up than usual.

    poor little rich girls.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home