the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Custom Wedding Invitations are the new awesome

Apparently I should not have been so hasty in announcing that Cindy would be designing my wedding invitations when it came time to get married, because it turns out that some of our readers are just as talented, AND can give me just what I asked for.

This fine example of my dream invite was submitted by faithful reader patti, aka chica. The hearts on the eyes are probably better than I could have imagined.


And this little gem was sketched out by my roommate. The bunny was not part of my original request, but now that I see it in her mock-up, I am not sure how I could have thought my invite would be complete without. Betsy learned to draw like this in church. She practices by drawing pretty portraits every week. Looks like she has perfected her technique in this fine invitation.


The only problem will be that betsy insists on drawing these all by hand, and I will need about 500 of them.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Sometimes you've got to know when to fold 'em. I know when I've been beat.

     
  • At 3:20 AM, Blogger robin marie said…

    hi yes, i came across the beautiful designs by betsy and it's actually exactly just what i've been looking for for my upcoming wedding...

    my colors are purple and silver with a mexican theme... do you think that would be doable? maybe we can throw in a few sombreros? a taco bell?

    please let me know soon.

    regards, robin

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger kathryn said…

    i'm really glad to see that betsy put a copyright in the bottom corner of her picture... with talent like that someone was sure to rip off her artwork.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's amazing what one can accomplish when no one is looking over their shoulder and they have adobe photoshop.
    Am I famous now?
    ~chica, aka paj, aka patti or even peppermint patty, but never cow patti

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger kathryn said…

    p.s. also, becca, i really think that you and aaron are meant for eachother, because in betsy's picture she very nicely portrays some leg syndrom you and aaron must both suffer from where one leg is noticably larger than the other... um, can we say soulmates???

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    the drawing has always come really naturally to me. it's just a little something i dabble in on the side.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's awesome.

    I love how Bets has you both standing in 1st position...or is it 2nd? Now, this might be why I flunked ballet...that and my ghetto booty that my mean teacher kept telling me to tuck in.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger bex said…

    all i know is that aaron had better be so nice to me or i will elbow him with my sharpest elbow ever. also, i am so glad that we have exactly the same haircut.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I went to the Halloween superstore last night and they were already out of dog chef costumes! Time for plan B!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home