the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Projects are the new awesome

I've always categorized myself as "not good at science (or math, sorry aaron)" but when nathaniel was in town I realized I was so good at science projects! First, when it was dark I chomped on a wint-o-green lifesaver and it sparked in my mouth! The second science project we tried was putting mentos into a 2-liter of coke to make a volcano!

First things first. Nathaniel was so thirsty.


For those non-scientists out there, science projects take a lot of preperation. In this case Nathaniel had to open the box of mint mentos.


At first I was nervous to get too close.


Then I remembered that science is serious and dangerous and sometimes you just have to take the risk. Nathaniel prepped 5 mentos in his hand to drop into the bottle.


Let the science begin.


***IMAGINE PIC OF COKE GEYSER SHOOTING AT LEAST 10 FEET IN THE AIR***
(i got a little bit nervous and ran away, no big deal)

Maybe I was screaming and yelling when I took this picture because I was so excited that our experiment worked. Don't worry about it.


If you live in my building (Jordan) and are concerned about the coke on the roof (Paul), the forecast this weekend is rain (Rebecca).


Speaking of roofs. My good friends Doug and Rich have a little project of their own happening. They're remodeling their cute little house in San Carlos into a giant mansion. I like to call it the Estate at Brittan.


No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the whole Estate at Brittan in the picture.


Before we went out to dinner, Rich and Doug gave me the grand tour including the guest quarters. Apparently not everyone loves houseguests as much as Rebecca and I do.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger sariah said…

    betsy, that is the greatest picture ever.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger bex said…

    do you think when they finish the house, Doug and Rich would let us hang out on the roof making soda bombs?

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    the answer to your question roommate is "hell no." once you see the Estate at Brittan in person you'll understand that only high class things can happen there. i think as far as science experiments go, the soda bomb is reletively low class. does anyone know of any good high class science experiments?

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    boy it sure is fun being the star of your blog!

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger bex said…

    my very own invite to The Estate?? Oh man. We can even just do that wintergreen experiment in a dark room if we think that would be safer to start with

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    the wint-o-green lifesaver experiment would work really well in the guest quarters at the estate at brittan because there are no windows...no natural light.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent experiments. Thoroughly enjoyed the post.

    I guess I'll make an introduction, too. I'm Matt's publicist and also was involved in a photo for, "Headstands 4 Peace." Been reading some of Matt's friends blogs recently and thought I'd finally say, "Hello." :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home