the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, October 06, 2006

Rip-off Artists are the new awesome

So, sometimes k-tron posted about her old navy jeans that she slimmed, cropped and hemmed into some little designer knock-offs, and it reminded me how much i like to do my own rip-offs of all this haute couture for cheap.

I had seen this sweater by Ports 1961 (can you see the neckline? Thats the fun part) a few months back, but couldn't quite bring myself to pay (gulp) $395 for it. I mean, I know it is cashmere and all, but c'mon.

So last night at my craft club I got my own BR sweater and gave embellishing the neckline in the same way a try.

i will probably try again with a sweater that looks a little more like the original, but for now i will just walk around in my $5 rip-off version, sticking it to the designer apparel market

9 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Excellent work roommate!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I'm going to go home and sew in all my boot cut jeans tonight. Then I'm going to sew lace on stuff.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger marshall p said…

    nice job, lady.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Or you could try selling it on ebay for lots of money...
    I like it the neckline is very cute and haute couture.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i once cut the bottom of my jeans and sent them through the washing machince to make them look well-worn and distressed. does that count as sticking it to the designer apparel market?

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Cache said…

    my mom makes my pants.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    aaron.. why youz gotsta bring that up? despite MATH being on my side she still beat me. sigh.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mike Kelly said…

    you should get a job at readymade.

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    could you readymake me something awesome? It doesn't have to be new awesome, it can be gently used awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home