the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Heywood is the new awesome

Obviously Utah is great for friending, but I'm extra lucky because for me, Utah is also great for familying. Sometimes it's hard to squeeze it all in but here is proof that I was successful. I present to you, my family. The best family ever.

I'm happy to report that Allie and I are friends now. You might remember a time when Allie was not so sure how she felt about Auntie Betsy. Now she is mostly sure she loves me.


Having said all that, I should point out Allie doesn't love anyone as much as she loves my mom.


My sort of excuse for taking a quick weekend trip to Utah was because it was my sister Jen's birthday. We decided to take her out for a fancy dinner at Winger's. I should point out, Doug is not my husband. And Jake, Emma and Sophie are not our kids.


Doug is Suzy's husband. But Jake does not belong to Suzy.


Jake belongs to Jen and Joseph.


Maybe you've noticed that there are a lot of females in the Heywood family? And some might say when all the females get together we can be a bit...overwhelming. So sometimes the boys find it necessary to stick together. Except, where's my dad?


Oh he's just driving Emma around on the riding lawn mover. No big deal.


Jake was like "when is it MY turn to drive the riding lawn mower?"


Then I was like "Jake chill...you'll get your turn...until then, let's take self portraits!"


Then Sophie wanted in on the self-portrait action.


Cake time! What newly turned 37 year old...


...asks for, and then gets so excited when she receives a GameBoy DS Lite for her birthday? Jen.


Adding to the female count are Rosie & Lucy.
You might remember that once I said I don't miss Rosie barely at all. Still true.


I do however miss Lucy. Lucy is my cat that I bought from the pound for $8 when I was in college. Sometimes my dad thinks it's funny to get Lucy shaved like a lion before I come home to visit.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger bex said…

    bets, you kind of look like a traitor to the heywoods with that brown hair. you fit in better with all the outcast husbands.

    and man,those blonde kids get cuter every time i see them

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I'm a serious traitor to the Heywood legacy. Brown hair is a disgrace where I come from.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    don't you guys have an appartment that you can use to talk to one another?

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Hey roommate! What's for dinner tonight?

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    I'm guessing burritos.

    is it burritos?

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    It's burritos. With cream.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The NDS Lite has made me sooooo happy!!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger English said…

    It is funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home