the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Waiting for it is the new awesome

Friday night I finally got my wish. I went to see Miami Vice with Alex, Heather and Shawn! If you've ever been to a movie at the Metreon then you know that sometimes they have a problem with people pulling the fire alarm and then your movie turns off and then you have to evacuate while there is a really loud alarm happening and then you have to get a refund and you get really sad.

Picture it...the four of us enjoying Miami Vice in pretty much the best seats in the house. The only thing annoying about the movie experience at this point was the family sitting in front of us that decided to bring their two year old to the Friday night showing of Miami Vice. What? Yah, a two year old. Right in front of us. It was okay though because Heather had smuggled in Beard Papa's for us and I had smuggled in homemade peanut butter cookies which made the baby a little bit tolerable.

Then right when we're so into it, lights on, alarm sounds, theater evacuates. So we hang out. I didn't think we should wait. Heather, Alex and Shawn were so nervous about what was going to happen next in the movie. Or maybe they were nervous about the fire inside the Metreon?


I didn't care about the fire so much, I was mostly just so mad at the Metreon.


Like I mentioned, I thought we should leave. But everyone else said we should wait. So we did. And it was a good thing we did because it gave me time to notice how pretty our city is. And that nice turquoise glow is very 80's/Miami Vice.


Best news ever, they let us back in the theater and told us the movie would pick up where it left off in about 10 minutes! So we went back inside and the other best news ever is that the baby didn't go home!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what? whoa, what a crappy movie experience.

    and seriously, 2 year olds. why on EARTH would you think your kid could deal with Miami Vice for 2 hours when they can't even sit through a 2 hour pixar movie without running around???

    I seriously have issues with people bringing kids to movies, especially adult movies (because what are you teaching your 2 year old?).

    sorry, rant over.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger emily said…

    i loooooooooooooooooved that movie. oh man.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    we need to start hanging around people that own "go-fast boats."

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Tannertrue said…

    That movie was so awesome. Michael Mann is the king of shootouts. Bar none

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    The last shootout scene! Best ever!!! Pow pow clap clap uh uh uh uh uh uh uh ...

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is Shawn but I'm too lazy to look up my blog spot login information. Next time please take better pictures of me. Also, Betsy, I will never doubt you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home