the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Girls only is the new awesome

Last Saturday was girls day in San Francisco! Julia, Kat and Elva all work at CV Therapeutics with me. Kat, Jules and I work in HR, Elva works in Sales & Marketing. But we're all girls and we're all friends. That's what matters. Also, Jules and Elva are roommates in San Francisco and Kat lives in Menlo Park! Kat's husband Billy is a cyclist and he's been out of town racing so we needed to entertain Kat in SF for a day. We were so excited for our day we even asked a stranger to take our picture!


First things first. A mani/pedi at Mani Pedi.


Jules and Kat were very concerned with picking the correct color for their toes and fingers. Jules decided on Big Apple Red. Kat decided on Kenny Bunk Port.


What Jules and I noticed is that, during a pedicure, Elva makes a "zoned out" face and Kat sleeps. I told them to try and look normal and cute during this picture.


Apparently I am so nervous during my mani/pedi?


You think this picture is all about Jules pretending to be a scary monster right? But it's not. If you look closely, she's imitating the nice lady that is giving Kat a neck and shoulder massage!


Second most important thing to do for girls day is eat. We had lunch at the most delicious restaurant in Noe Valley called Fresca.



After lunch Elva went home to do arts and crafts and Jules, Kat and I embarked on the most awesome day of shopping ever. The highlight of the shopping portion of the day was when we found these most adorable headbands at our favorite SF boutique that has the most crappy website called Ambiance.

I was so ready to buy a headband and then I looked at the price tag and gasped when it said $29. It just seemed like so much! I almost bought one. I really did. I don't know why I didn't because that's totally something I'd do. But at the last minute I didn't and the moral of the story is good things come to those who wait.

Also Jules found new running shoes.


Right before our day was almost done, Jules got some crud in her flip flop. She still doesn't know what the crud was. But it was gross. Kat was too busy laughing and pointing and I was too busy taking pictures to help out.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You don't need to be worried or scared when you get a pedicure. They're really not such a big deal. Maybe your feet just weren't used to being treated nicely? If you get in the habit of going you'll probably end up really like pedicures. I go with the guys from my football team all the time, especially after winning championships, and they're just the thing. But I spring for the leg wrap, you might want to consider one of those.

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger English said…

    When Kat laughs, she looks like Ashley Judd. So there's that.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Are you sure you don't want to squirm and cringe and cry when the nice lady files your toenails famous football player?

    And Keith, you're so right. I should have mentioned you have to be adorable to work at CVT.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    hey jules tried on some RYKA's! whoo hoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home