the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, July 14, 2006

Cheap produce is the new awesome

One of the most awesome things about summer? Large amounts of delicious, perfectly ripe, cheap produce. This is what I got at the store last night.

One giant sized container of delicious strawberries.
One giant sized container of delicious bluberries.
3 perfect portobello mushroom caps.

I'm trying to help you understand how giant these containers are. I thought "I'll put my hand in the picture!" But obviously I had a problem with perspective.


Here we go. A can of tuna. I should note this is a normal sized can of tuna. Not a giant sized one. Remember that when you're trying to understand how big the fruit containers are.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How come you have time to blog about fruit but don't have time to call your mom?

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Um...mom? You totally just called me out on my blog.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Update: I'd like everyone to know I just spoke to my mom on the phone and everything's cool.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    Oh Ok. NOW I understand how big the fruit was.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Look. I get it. Nobody cares about fruit.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger bex said…

    i care. because look how much fruit there is in our house to eat!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger bex said…

    don't say might.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why am I, your muse and humor mentor, not a main feature on this site, but bowl of strawberries makes the main page.

    I think you might be on my "Project DISconnect" list.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Hey Tom! I just linked to you on our blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home