the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Good Ol Days are the new awesome

Guess where I was around this time in 2003 (aka Provo Summer of Fun)?

Why don't you tell us, vintage photo of Marsha?

That's right! None other than with many of Provo's finest, watching the first midnight showing of the original Pirates of the Caribbean. That's where.


We passed around an eyepatch and fell in love with an eyelinered Johnny Depp together. Remember this, Erin, Cindy and Marsha? I know that Brigham was there too, but I apparently was not as good at documenting things back then because I have no photos of him, and these two photos that I do have were so dark that i had to tweak out the contrast so that you could see our best pirate grimaces.

I wanted to go to a midnight screening of the new Pirates movie, but apparently I don't have the late night stamina that I did 3 years ago. Seeing a screening tomorrow night is going to have to be just as good.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Pirates are so now.

    Roommate I'm wearing a shirt to the movie tonight that has a fashionable/subtle golden pirate print on it. What are you wearing?

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    I went last night.

    I also wore that exact same eye patch last night.

    Cool.

    PS I'm pretty sure your friends were in one of my wards at BYU. Small world.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    All I know is that tonight everyone has to talk like a pirate. I'm serious.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I'm going tonight too! My how time has flown since I was back in the land of carefreeness. I can't even imagine dragging my old bones to a movie premiere on a work night.

    I'm just hoping that a reincarnation of those girls that squealed everytime Orlando Bloom came on the screen aren't going to be sitting in front of me again.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    I had the same idea for a post, but my pictures were missing. How weird if we had made blog post twins.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger marshall p said…

    seriously. why don't I have more boyfriends? I am THAT hot.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    mike kelly suggested we all go to the midnight showing in boston and then was the FIRST to bail. none of the rest of us went either. (because old)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home