the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Photojournalism is the new awesome

Perhaps some of you remember that a few months ago I went to Utah and posted a photo of this adorable couple that wore their matching bluetooth ear pieces all through breakfast.


Brigham suggested that I send the photo to Vice Magazine as a possible "Don't", which I did. For those of you that hate the F-word and therefore don't read Vice, you should know that they are famous for their "Do" and "Don't" social conduct lists. "Dos" usually involve girls wearing high heels somehow, and "Don'ts" are all over the board. Well. Eagle-eye Briggie spotted our photo in the latest copy of Vice! We are famous! Well. These two people I snuck a photo of are famous! Just remember that The New Awesome brought it to you first.

We are on the Vice website as well, but don't forget that I told you that you should like the F-word if you read Vice...

10 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger robin marie said…

    santa vaca bequinha! i think we have an opening at my station... you could make a career out of it! you could fax me your resume... ur, wait, do you have access to a carrier pigeon?

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    This makes me want to weep. I hope these guys never see it. I hope they never know that everyone who looks at that picture or reads Vice thinks they are better than them.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    jordan i've been weeping all day about this. not everyone is cut from the same cloth as you and i.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger marshall p said…

    vice reminds me of mike kelly. their "do's" section used to be all girls wearing chuck taylor's. my how times have changed.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger bex said…

    don't worry jordan and betsy. i don't think those two will ever see Vice. They will be too busy waiting for people to call them on their handless phone sets during every meal.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    Vice can go F itself, really.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger David said…

    damn i loved the caption they wrote for them.

    genius.

    and i bet they are furious that their likeness is being used unwittingly for other's enjoyment.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    the best thing about a Vice "do" is that it's a total Glamour "don't"

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger marshall p said…

    I would F Vice. don't worry folks, in a few years that picture will be me and my white trash boyfriend, you can send us in to Vice and I will be happy.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger liz said…

    i love Vice mag! it's so photo-blog inspiring isn't it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home