the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Freecycling is the new awesome

If I lived in Brooklyn, I would probably be at this Freecycle event on Saturday, June 24. I love rummaging through other people's junk and getting amazing things for next to nothing, so the idea of getting to rummage for free is totally appealing.

Actually, we have our own freecycling that happens right here in our very own apartment building. There is a stoop by the doors where our neighbors have taken to dumping their old stuff before they take it to the Out of the Closet Thrift Store around the corner. We got rid of most of our kitchen chairs that way, and I will admit to finding a few good romance paperbacks and sweaters and things down there. So you can imagine how excited I was to see a big box sitting on the stoop on the way out today. Until I saw what it was.

a Karri-Potti?


The portable 100% self-contained fresh water flush toilet system? What on earth are you trying to unload on us, neighbor? This is no lightly used JCrew sweater that someone might actually want. This is a toilet. From the 70's, no less.


I didnt even check to see if it was used. You would be proud of me, roommate. I left that toilet right where it was.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger bex said…

    i just found out that these things sell for $50 on ebay. if someone wants to clean it out, i will put it up for sale and we can split the profit! just dont tell betsy.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    I start to rage everytime I see crap like that sitting in our building. I mean, if its really good stuff, by all means leave it, but most of the time it is just trash.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger bex said…

    except for those expensive hiking boots someone left that one time ... ; )

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    that potty was still there when I got home a little bit ago...i'm totally going to throw it in the trash right now!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger )en said…

    Hey guys. You don't know me but we might know some of the same people. Anyway, i think your blog is good times and just wanted to comment and say that I DO live in Brooklyn and thanks for the tip on the freecycle! Much of my furniture has been picked up off the curb so this will be awesome.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger David said…

    i want that toilet... rather... i need that toilet.

    it's like an iToilet... you can take it any where.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger bex said…

    i will sell it to you for $50. it is STILL sitting in our doorstoop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home