the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gocco is the new awesome

Every now and then I beg Rebecca to let us use her Gocco screenprinting machine and she says yes! My roommate is so nice and crafty!

First things first, we pick the design and get all the stuff out.


Then the design goes into the magic Gocco machine.


Next we get out the magic light bulbs that burn the screen in the magic Gocco machine. Here's something cool, you only use the bulbs one time because they explode! Then they die and go to lightbulb heaven.


Rebecca let me do the honors of burning the screen. I was so nervous and wanted to wear my ski goggles for protection but I didn't. Rebecca said only pansies wear protective eye gear.


Next Rebecca applied the paint to the screen. Maybe you don't think that is going to be a good color, but you'd be wrong.


Sometimes when you're a girl you wonder if the shirt you're making for a boy will be big enough for a boy. No big deal, just try it on over the three other shirts you're wearing.

Stage one try-on issue: Pony tail.


Stage two try-on issue: Friction with other shirts.


Stage three try-on issue: Still not sure if shirt will fit a boy.


Look! Shirts!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger jordan said…

    So effing cool.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i love the gocco. it is the best invention in the world. even better than the cotton gin.

    i am wearing one of our shirts right now. those owls are too cute.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    Is it me or is Betsy wearing some sort of hooded henley derivative?

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i didn't even notice steve's shirt! i am going to have to go look at the photos again.

    where can we oogle some of your gocco skillz? the tree branch one sounds super rad.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    WHERE DO I GET ONE OF THOSE MACHINES?

    i made t-shirts for the family for christmas and i almost died from fun.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger bex said…

    you can buy them at dickblick.com. or on ebay. but japan is discontinuing them, so get it while the getting is good.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger MF said…

    those shirts are fantastic as well as that machine. I would pay money for either.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    well, I guess that is one way to make a shirt.

    I do need to get me one of them.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger jared said…

    I hate the gocco. I hate the swap meet that sells the gocco for twenty bucks. I hate owls.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home