the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Park City Utah is the new awesome

Sometimes I feel a little bit of pressure to post about the past 5 days I just spent in Park City, Utah with my family because there is just so much awesome. Too much awesome for one, two, or even three blog posts. So I’m going to post a selection of my favorite photos from my trip and then I’m going to post the link to my smugmug page so if you’re interested in what it’s like to be on vacation with the Heywood’s for 5 days, you can experience it there.

Suzy picked me up from the airport on Saturday morning and we drove to Park City with Doug and Allie. Allie and I have have struggled with our relationship in the past so I was determined to make the connection right away.



Every year my mom says “I’m going to rent a few condos in Park City and tell you all what weekend in advance and if you can make it great, and if you can’t, that’s fine too.” Most of the time it turns out my mom was just kidding. She doesn’t actually do it…she just talks about doing it. But this year she actually did it! Great job mom! And careful what you wish for because it turns out this was the perfect weekend where so many of us said “Yes! We’ll be there!” I don’t remember the last time there were so many of us together in one place at the same time.

McRae kids…check!



McRae parents…also check!


Jim, Linda, Ryan & Ethan…present!


John, Kim, Jared & Kevin…here!


Suzy, Doug & Allie…in da hizouse!


Mom, Dad & millions of kids…Yes!


The long weekend was full of drop by visitors as well…some related…some not related…Auntie Carol, Aunt Carol, Uncle Bob, Julie, Taylor, Kiara, Dave & Jeff the dentist…I think that’s it. See…I wasn’t kidding about all the craziness!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip:
My sisters.

Sometimes Allie and Doug are so funny looking and so cute.
So cute.

So funny looking.

I took a secret trip to Salt Lake City on father's day night after all the dad festivities and had pizza with former houseguest roommate Nathaniel.

Also I had a large diet coke.

Then we spent the evening with Kristen and Suzanne (also former houseguest roommates). Suzanne read our love fortunes! Also, Michelle Hoon, Chris Henderson & a super nice girl that I can't remember her name were there but I don't have pictures of them.

Ethan got hit in the face with a badminton racket and had to be rushed to the emergency room for lip stitches.

While we were at the er, Emma lost a tooth!

Suzy and I were a little nervous about the zip line once we got up there.

Doug pretending not to be nervous about the zip line.

Sophie and Emma are cute! That's what this picture is all about.

I found a little time to shop.

Suzy, me and Jeff the dentist out to dinner with the family! (I think Jeff doesn't have much to do since he just moved to SLC because why else would the Heywood family reunion be so high on his "to do" list? Everyone, Jeff is now in Utah, contact me for his phone #.)

Good thing Allie has plenty of room.

Mom + daughters.


One thing I still can’t believe I did because gross, scary, yucky, dirty, uncomfortable, smelly, expensive is this:



Thanks to Binky for a totally sweet ride.

Also, thanks to mom & dad for planning such a great vacation.

For more pictures you can go here.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    it does NOT get any better than family vacation as a grownup.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger bex said…

    that is the ugliest horse i have ever seen.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Binky. His/Her (I have no idea) name is Binky.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    know what isnt the new awesome? skipping lunch

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    in da hizouse?

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    yo yo Cassian, I'll say this one more time...my flight was at 10:55am.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This blog warms my cold, shriveled heart.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger cory said…

    Betsy, Park City huh? I (Cory) grew up in Heber City. Are you related to Rob Haywood who is a transplant to Heber and looks much like the other Haywoods in your pictures?

    I'm related to Rob in a round about sort of way. He's my sister's husband's sister's husband. Make sense?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home