the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, April 07, 2006

Jet-setting is the new awesome (Part I)

If you look up "jet-set" on dictionary.com it has one definition:
"An international social set made up of wealthy people who travel from one fashionable place to another."
Pretty close to my reality...sort-of.

I've been doing quite a bit of flying around the country this past month. I don't even remember the last time I was in San Francisco for a weekend. Oh wait, yes I do. This weekend finds me in beautiful Pleasant View, Utah.

I flew out of Oakland on Wednesday evening and due to inclement weather we got to fly right over San Francisco!



It's been raining in San Francisco for the past two months so I was looking forward to a nice break.
*ENTER SPRING SNOW STORM*
Hello parent's house. Nice to see you in your winter best.


The main reason for my trip is because Jacob is getting baptised! That happens Saturday...until then, Jake will be killing me and everyone else at chess.


Emma and I were taking self portraits. Right before I took this one Emma said "let's pretend to be our favorite farm animals!"

Emma was being a horse. I was being a rabbit. Obviously.

Allie turns 1 today! So many fun things to celebrate! Allie is not sure if she likes me. Everyone keeps telling me it's because I have dark hair now. And Allie isn't use to people with dark hair.
Here is Allie being not sure if she likes me.

Here is Allie being sure she doesn't like me. But I still like her.


Then the whole family decided to go see Ice Age 2. So great! I drove with Allie

and Suzy.


After the movie it was time for Allie's birthday party. There were too many adults standing in the kitchen. And too many children (Sophie) crawling across the counter.


Allie was SO excited for her party!


Rosie was SO excited for Allie's cake!


If you think this was a party...wait til Part II.

11 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    This post almost makes me want to get married. But in the end it just convinced me to get a dog. Hey, if its good enough for the gays...

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger bex said…

    whoa. bring home some of that cake, roommate. yum!

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    Did you haircut?
    I mean, did you totally rad new haircut?

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    there is pretty much only one thing that could ever make me move back to utah and that would be that family togetherness rulz*.


    *if you have a cool family that is. and i have full confidence that you do.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger gretel said…

    betsy, thanks for a new addiction! :)
    the girl on the right on this (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2373/2287/1600/girlsbdayparty.jpg)
    pic looks like a younger version of you. not that i have ever seen you this young - but.. you know.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Roommate I'm coming home on the early flight Sunday instead of the late one. If you pick me up from the airport I will make you a cake. Cameron if you accompany bex on this journey I'll buy you a dog.

    brig, no haircut. but thank you for noticing.

    aaron, turns out I love bread.

    Hooray family!!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    I need a man who cuddles in the bedroom and beats some ass in the the streets, not a man who cuddles in the streets and beats my ass in the bedroom. Aaron, you've got a long way to go before you can walk my dog.

    PS, when you got booted of the linkup, did they stop you from getting on the site from the computer you were kicked off on?

    Yes I will marry you Betsy Heywood.

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Cache said…

    hey can a 23 yr. old guy live on >$10,000/year in san fransisco?

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    no

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    unfortunately

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I could hear "Have yourself a merry little Christmas...John" at the Heywood abode this holiday season. Heywood's rule.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home