the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, March 26, 2006

caboom! is the new awesome

As you may have noticed from the new awesome, Rebecca and I rarely spend time together on the weekends. She’s always jetting off to Ohio while I’m frolicking in New York City…or she’s vacationing in Utah while I’m stuck business tripping in Scottsdale (I know I never posted about this but trust me, it happened). Turns out Emily Cox was driving to Los Angeles this weekend for an mtv style end to her spring break and was looking for some road trip company. We decided this was the perfect opportunity for some roommate AND Emily Cox bonding (two of the best kinds of bonding). So after work on Friday we met up at Emily’s house and this is where our adventure begins.

Emily drove first because it was her car.


As you might imagine, this is what it’s like being in a car with three girls on a road trip to LA…
“Oh my gosh, bra bra bra boy boy bikini wax tampon tampon!”
"Well, nail polish nail polish thong thong thong eyebrow waxing eyebrow waxing!"

Also, Rebecca entertained herself by hiding behind her head rest.


Also, I entertained myself by making the most beautiful scarf in the entire world.


No road trip in California is complete without a stop here.


First I thought we were eating inside...


then we didn’t.


Six hours later Emily was dropping us off at the Gholdston residence in Newbury Park and she was off on her own adventure, never to be seen again until Sunday. Just as I predicted, the Gholdston’s rolled out the red carpet for their eldest daughter and her roommate. Within 5 minutes of walking in the front door we were greeted by hugs, a weiner dog, bowls of strawberries, grapes and cashews and within 10 minutes Rebecca and I were competing in the most intense competition of our lives. Before I knew what was going on Rebecca had run up to her old bedroom and changed into her solar z cavaricci parachute pants that she only wears for DDR




Even with the lucky pants, Rebecca's mom won the DDR tourney, hands down.

Rebecca and I had countless offers from friends to stay with them but why when her dad made us Belgian waffles w/strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast?


Our main excuse for heading to LA for the weekend was to check out caboom where our good friend Jared Rusten was showing his furniture. So after breakfast we set off for Santa Monica and found Jared, his furniture and a bunch of our friends hanging out.





Some other things that were cool at caboom
iron artwork

weird plants

pretty paper


Also, Rebecca and I were cool at caboom


Rebecca had her own plans for a bit so I set off to the Getty Museum with Ty, Wayne, Greg, Katie and Karen which was fun but I’m still not very good at art.

So many cameras that are not allowed inside the Getty.


After that we ended up at the Peterson/Niel residence for some ice cream/pool/ping pong/slow dancing fun.
I'm holding the correct type of ice cream cones



Added bonuses were running into Casey (she's the one licking Dave, I mean her ice cream in the above picture) who recently relocated to LA and meeting Tanner who is famous on the internet. Also fun, beating Tanner at pool 15 minutes after meeting him in real life.


Look how serious Rebecca is about beating Keith at pool



Brian and Todd were so happy we were all hanging out at their house


After another great nights sleep at the Gholdston’s we said goodbye to Sadie.

And hello to Emily Cox! We made a couple necessary stops at Rebecca's favorite thrift store

and in Denmark.


Being home safe and sound in San Francisco is the new awesome.

13 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    next time stay longer!!!!

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Brigham said…

    split pea soup?

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Tannertrue said…

    So, if I beat Chaz. Then you beat me... does that mean that you beat Chaz by proxy?

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger jocie said…

    i miss home...sniff...

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger bex said…

    uh, bets...you forgot to say that keith and i were playing STRIP pool, and that in the end, i totally lost on purpose.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    crap! sorry. also i forgot about the madonna, milli vanilli, and erasure sing alongs. i'm still convinced that "la isla bonita" is the best madonna song ever.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    Just for the record, I was the Merrill Hall pool champion my freshman year at BYU. Yeah, I also won the 9 ball tournament with a 9 ball wink on the break. You want to play pool. Well, bring it.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm, has anyone else noticed that Todd Peterson looks exactly like Ashley Parker Angel?
    -Suzy

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really really want a #1 from In-n-Out right now. --JTG

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    First things first, welcome Heywood sisters to the comments section of our blog. Please make yourselves at home. You are family after all.

    Second, flooz, good eye. One of the reasons I love you is no matter how old we get, you remain the authority on boy band trivia (except for doug).

    Third, Jen, pack up the kids, have joseph take a weekend off and join me for a burger.

    I love my sisters.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger David said…

    sometimes methinks your life exists to propagate this lovely little blog.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    San Francisco was so much cooler than your road trip. Me and paul watched kung fu movies and ate pizza. And never thought about either of you.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger David said…

    sorry guys, i let my "business associate" read your blog and he went and sassed up your blog.

    it really is a worthwhile venture, why not earn extra money? you can do lots of stuff with money, right?

    time to get word verification. : (

     

Post a Comment

<< Home