the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Math Nerds are the new awesome

Today is 3.14. As many of you might remember from seventh grade math class, this is also the number that corresponds with the first 3 digits of pi (the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle; approximately equal to 3.14159265358979323846...forever and ever).

And so, since it was the nerdiest thing we could think of to do, we got cooked up an apple and peach pie, and sat around telling math jokes.




Some of our favorites:

Q: What does the little mermaid wear?
A: An algebra!

Q: What does the zero say to the the eight?
A: Nice belt!

Your mom is so so stupid, she tried to use substitution to find the definite integral of f(x)=x^2 over the interval 0!

Your mom is so fat, when you draw any three points on her, Ceva’s Theoreom fails to work even if she underwent a f’(x)=f(nx) transformation as n approaches infinity!

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't
(this one was from the coolest math nerd i know)

And this one REALLY made us laugh:
A guy gets on a bus and starts threatening everybody: "I'll integrate you! I'll differentiate you!!!" So everybody gets scared and runs away. Only one person stays. The guy comes up to him and says: "Aren't you scared, I'll integrate you, I'll differentiate you!!!" And the other guy says: "No, I am not scared, I am e to the power of x."

14 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger kt said…

    I like your jokes!!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My head hurts from the sheer nerdiness of this post.

    And I work on computers for a living.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What did the mathematician do about his constipation?

    worked it out with a pencil.

    (sick, I know)

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about this classic?

    Why was 6 afraid of 7?

    789.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    One of those "pies" is square.
    Pie isn't square!

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Apparently March 14th is also Steak and BJ day. I missed the occasion on both accounts. I'm glad I'm not missing the Ides of March though. I'm also bewaring.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    dukes, don't pretend this post has too much nerd for you to handle.

    brig, agreed. pie is not square and that square peach thing was not pie at all. it was a disgrace.

    lou, i had to look up two words from your comment in the dictionary.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    hey betsy, i have a cyber-crush on you. wooooo creepy

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger doug said…

    "No, I am not scared, I am e to the power of x."

    Non math person here, can someone explain to me what this means so I can get the original joke?

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger bex said…

    i don't even know what it means. but i could tell that if i knew anything about math, that joke would have totally had us rolling on the floor

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    Don't forget that it was alos Albert Einstein's birthday. No one ever remembers. Don't worry Al, I was thinking of you.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think this guy wins the prize for "Most Awesomest Math Nerd".

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11858760/?GT1=7850

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    Personally, I've always prefered to celebrate "mole day" which, if you don't remember occurs on 10/23 at 6:02.

    (Avegadro's number 6.02*10^23)

    Loved the post

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    I like these photos because you can tell from them that
    1) It is night
    2) It is colder outside
    3) It is warmer in the kitchen
    and
    4) You are eating pie and talking about your days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home