the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Links are the new awesome

Tonight when I was driving bex to the airport we had a discussion about the links section of our blog. There really is no rhyme or reason to our list of links. Maybe we've kissed you and so we feel obligated to link to your blog. Maybe we think people think you're really cool so we link to your blog so we seem cool too. Maybe we think you're funny. Maybe we feel bad because you don't get very many hits on your sitemeter. Whatever the reason, we've decided it's a good idea to keep our links section fresh and exciting.

Here are some changes we'd like to point out.

Links we've removed for lack of activity (you are some of our favorites so it's just too painful to click on your links and see nothing new):
Cameron, inactive since April 26, 2006.
Dave, inactive since June 8, 2006.
Jeff, inactive since April 6, 2006.
Mike, inactive since June 14, 2006.
Tom, inactive since June 11, 2006.

Some of you make us nervous when you don't post very often but not so much that we're taking your links down. Yet.
Keith, don't think we haven't noticed that you haven't updated your blog since July 10th and the picture of andy from that post is the same picture of andy you used on May 26th.
Marsha, we'd appreciate it if you'd put forth a little more effort and update your blog with your funny lists more than once every ten days. Thanks.
Emily, you're doing a bang up job lately but the memory of how your blog use to be isn't dead yet.

To the rest of you...Aaron, Cassian, Katie, Cindy, Kirk, Jared, Jordan, Kim, Kylie and David...keep up the good work.

Final shout out of the night goes to the grandaddy of all bloggers who was the initial inspiration for the new awesome. Thanks for showing us the way.

*If you're a good friend of ours and you feel bad because you're not linked on our blog, it's probably because we're dumb and don't even know you have one so feel free to send us an email!

19 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    I'm glad I'm still on the list.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Do you ever write blog posts and think they are funny and then read them the next day and cringe? That's what I did with this one.

    I would like to make it clear that we love everyone who blogs and we hope you keep blogging forever and ever and fill our lives with ponies and glitter and rainbows.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    i'm a horrible person.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger bex said…

    look. you have to be tough to survive in the blogosphere. don't back down, betsy!

    mostly we are just exposing ourselves as blog whores that click on everyone's blog 7 times a day in hopes that they have updated, and are beginning to feel foolish about it

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger bex said…

    jordan, you post like 100 million times a day. about pretty things. you are never coming off our blog.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger emily said…

    ouch

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger emily said…

    hoooooooooooooooooold on a sec. betsy: are you moving to new york???

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Maybe you guys should get an RSS feed. It cuts down on the franticness and you can once more get back to making mix cds.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I recently cleansed my list and took Kirk off because I was looking at his blog and noticed he didn't have a link to mine. A lot of people don't have links to mine that I have on my links, but Kirk USED to have a link of mine. Because you guys are still on his link list must mean that you pass the test. I felt so uncool.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Phew! I was a little worried when you said you were deleting links. Lucky I posted the other day!

    And I'm doing YET another blog:
    http://blog.snapd.net if you're ever bored and want to look at something else. I just fell in love with the fashion/style/home/anythingawesome blogs.=)(Jordan, you were one of the inspirations!)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    the only reason i keep my blog updated is to stay on your link-list.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger David said…

    thanks for keeping me on. i'll take that as a latent endorsement of all heretofore content.

    i like your blog too.

    and cindy, i've noticed my blog linked on quite a few blogs of people i consider strangers... so i don't feel obligated to link them. until a "real" friendship has been established.

    like ours.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger David said…

    oh and betsy, i thought it was funny.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger bex said…

    yeah. the whole 'linking" thing can get a little political - kind of like the top 8 in your myspace. you might think that people don't notice when the top 8 gets moved around, but they do. thats why we alphabatize our link list too - less to be read into who is first and why.

    though for the record, betsy is my #1 in my myspace top 8 until our domestic partnership is ruined by a boy.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Karen Cline / Pretty Simple Productions said…

    UMMM...why does Jared get a link but not me?

    I have lots of updates on my "new pics" site. at least once a week.

    I think I should be up for consideration in the next round of changes.

    yours,

    brown mouse

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    brown mouse you're up! your missing link obviously fell into the category of "links we haven't posted because we're dumb."

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once, twice or thrice a month is all the updates that hit tomeby.com. Quality takes time to produce; this ain't Walmart. See, I put "real life" ahead of my web life -unlike some friends that I know (cough-cough). You owe me a call + dinner. Your next entry should be "Catching up with Real Life friends is the new awesome."

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zing!

    Just so every one knows, I totally didn't delete Cindy's link. My settings were just set to show the first 10 links on my link list. After I added a few extra links, goose girl and a few others slipped out, out into the cold night of the Internet. Yeah.

    This has been a huge embarrassment for my staff and me. We have made the necessary personnel changes and have restaffed with several people from the show 24 and we should be running at a much higher capacity soon.


    Seriously though, Sorry Cindy. You know I love ya. You are back on for good baby.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger English said…

    Note: A reader should know that the "grandaddy of all blogs", is being kissed.

    Not the most impartial web journalism practiced here folks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home