the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Monday, April 23, 2007

Camping (like a pansy) is the new awesome

This weekend I went camping in the Redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Some things of note about this camping trip:

1) I ate better food than I would have if I had stayed home

2) Because we drove our car right up to the campsite and there was no having to hike into any place with all of my provisions tied to my back, I got to bring a large squishy mat to sleep on that made for a very comfortable night's sleep

3) I showered right before I left, and then showered again right when I got home, effectively minimizing my dirty time to a little over 24 hours

4) I never took off those clothes that I am wearing in that photo. I put them on right before I left my apt, arrived in them, campfired in them, slept in them, hiked 11 miles in them, and then drove home in them. (Because changing your clothes when you are camping is too much of a pain, duh.)

5) Though I have nothing against multiple-day hardcore hiking trips, I think this is my favorite way to camp

7 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    girl, that's some beautiful country!

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    what's a pansy?

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Damian said…

    here in the mountains we call that "car camping" or "stinky sleepover".

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    That's my favorite way to camp too.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger paul said…

    carrying a backpack around is overrated.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    remember when you camped on the roof?

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger robin marie said…

    that is definitely my kind of camping! for some reason my mom got it in her head that i wanted camping gear for my wedding... i was like, "um, i've only gone to girls camp... and we were in cabins!!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home