the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, May 24, 2007

LOST themed treats are the new awesome

Wednesday night we did what all upstanding citizens did and watched the season finale of LOST. So great. Even more impressive than the actual show were the snacks we all brought. This is not the first time we've done it up big for a LOST party.

Brigham brought Dharma Beer.


Allie brought LOST themed cookies complete with polar bears.


I provided a delicious bowl of fish biscuits.


Lindsay brought tropical fruit skewers with lemon sauce.


Marshall brought chocolate and powdered sugar life preservers.


I really wish everyone could see how huge the projection screen at Steve and Marshall's apartment is. Rebecca's boyfriend Sawyer was larger than life. Seriously. Imagine this sweet face 6' tall.


What on earth are we all going to do now that our shows are over for the summer? And not just for the summer...these days it's all about waiting until after new years and then airing the season with no breaks. No LOST until February 2008? And then only 16 episodes? I'm still trying to come to terms with this.

Does anyone have any favorite TV shows I should download and watch all summer (I know what Katie is going to say...Friday Night Lights...okay already...I'll watch it).

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

15 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger each of the two said…

    I love FX's "rescue me" and you don't even have to download/rent it's on in the Summer! plus "top chef" is coming on soon and anything on Bravo is good for me...
    Good Luck!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Joy said…

    I second Friday night lights.

    I watched Everybody Hates Chris Season one on Netflix. It cute, light, intelligent, funny.

    30 Rock is awesome. Best comedy since Arrested Development.

    My roommate bugged me about watching Ugly Betty. I've seen about half of the episodes, and its a lot of fun. Oh yeah, its a soap, but the writing is witty, its fun, the acting is great and you'll love all the characters.

    (Even though it sounds like I watch a lot of tv,this is pretty much the tv I watch--and I catch it online mostly)

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Thanks friends! I totally understand Sherpa, this post makes me sound like "what on earth will I do if I don't have constant TV to entertain me" but that's not the case at all. I'm not ashamed to admit that a good TV show is one of my most favorite, relaxing things to partake of.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger bex said…

    My boyfriend Sawyer was kind of lame in this last episode.

    I just want project runway to start again.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    oh i am so transparent!!! but bets you won't regret it!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    I have all sorts of TV homework to do.

    I just started "The Wire" which is pretty harsh, but also pretty engrossing (when it isn't too grossing).

    But when in doubt, just watch Freaks n' Geeks again.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger chelle. said…

    jealous of your party.
    but seriously, friday night lights is a must watch.
    seriously.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I think that Sawyer is going to die soon.

    I sort of feel like a major vein of entertainment blood has been severed and I don't know what I'm going to talk about with a majority of my friends anymore.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger David said…

    we had a lost party with darma initiative beer too, and pineapple. great minds think alike.

    that whole future flashback thing totally threw us.

    do you think it was ben's funeral?
    is kate married to sawyer?
    is jack's dad really alive?
    are there people still left on the island?
    is walt a shape shifter?

    what the hell, i want the answers now.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger David said…

    also, a show you should seriously consider watching is man vs. wild.

    rugged british man. read up on his bio, you'll want to be mrs. bear in no time.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    My biggest LOST-geek friend Brigham (who brought the beer) spends a majority of his life on lostpedia.com. So much information and nerd stuff that will help keep us all occupied until at least August.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yikes. that last comment, by anonymous, reminds me of when i go card shopping at my local hallmark store. if the card has too many words, i just do not read it. one must keep it succinct. for fear of losing one reader...me. but i won't ever leave you!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger bex said…

    seriously afh...so long and uninteresting and anonymous I had to delete it.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SHOWS TO WATCH:

    Veronica Mars (especially season 1!)
    Firefly
    Freaks and Geeks

    You won't regret it. =)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Judy Neil said…

    Veronica Mars = YES!
    also - Battlestar Galactica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home