the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Monday, May 14, 2007

Diorama-rama is the new awesome

This weekend, my friend Grace had us all over for a diorama party. Best idea ever!

I don't think just anyone would be able to throw such a successful diorama party. You have to have a lot of stuff to make it happen. But Grace has the most amazing collection of tiny, strange toys that she keeps in a big suitcase, sitting there just begging to be arranged and displayed in creative ways inside shoeboxes.


And she shared them with us!

These are all people that like tiny creepy things.

No one knows, but while we were sitting there making cute small dioramas, I was making up diorama poems in my head. Like:

if you have a bunch of rocks
and display them in a box -
diorama.
diorama.

if your idea of pretty
is an ittty bitty city -
diorama.
diorama.

when you buy some brand new shoes, and
its the box that makes you choose em' -
diorama.
diorama.

You get the idea.

Casey and Amanda's diorama was awesome because it might not have looked like much from the top...

...but they made a peep-hole on the side for you to look in and see the creepy red cave men looking guys shooting stuff. Brilliant!

Grace can't help but make cute things. Weird/kind of creepy but still mostly cute, tiny things.

Andy's was like egypt with a dj ... but creepier. And mine: the arm farm. Cree-py.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Beautiful! I love the arm farm! I'm so jealous. I want to do a diorama.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bex, yours is my favorite. That is sooooooo awesome. (but everyone had a great one) ;)

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger bex said…

    thanks, guys! i didn't even get photos of all the finished products (and not everyone finished) but there were some gems. I havent made a diorama since 4th grade and i think i forgot how much fun they are.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    Please tell me Casey will get all of these up on display, as they should rightfully be.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish you were in a diorama so I could stare at you all day and listen to you sing songs about diah-reea.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger bex said…

    thank you, mini-stalker. you have just described my ideal life.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I saw the 'arm farm' my first thought since the girl is smiling and reaching down it needs to read 'I need a hand' :)

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger English said…

    We've had this idea down here too, but you guys actually did it so awesomely what's the point.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger bex said…

    I just read that PF Flyers is doing their own diorama contest - you can enter here and they will even send you your own box

     

Post a Comment

<< Home