the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Having a type is the new awesome

Bex has always had a thing for bad boys...and when I say always, I mean since way before I knew her. One time when we were in Los Angeles for the weekend, we stayed at her parents house for a night and spent the evening looking at old photo albums. Here's a picture of Bex's 7th grade boyfriend Pete. He's the one on the left.


This is Bex's Jr. year boyfriend Billy. Apparently they broke up because Billy joined the airforce. Billy is pictured here with his new girlfriend Tiffany. Apparently Billy and Tiffany are still good friends of the family.


I didn't realize it then, but I realized it last night when I came home and found this on our fridge:


Bex has a type. She has a thing for bad boys. Guys that wear leather and don't shave very often. Guys that hate wearing shirts. I should have realized when she camped out for Shooter tickets last weekend that she had this preference. Maybe I should have realized it sooner...perhaps this night. But I didn't.

Maybe I should have noticed this on her headboard...


Or this on her desk...


I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to all the nerds I've tried to set Bex up with over the past three years of being her roommate. If I had realized this bad boy thing sooner, I wouldn't have wasted anyone's time.

17 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what about boys who light other kids on fire?

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger bex said…

    oh man, bets. i can't ever leave you alone in the apartment without you oogling my precious Mark Walhberg photos.

    aaron. you point out the best bad boy i ever dated. my parents were so sad when i told them my 16 year old boyfriend got kicked out highschool for lighting that other kid on fire. i think that started me on the long (and exciting ) road of bad boyz

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Aaron you were the baddest there ever was.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    I prefer brilliant minds who are software engineers and run really fast.

    For example:
    http://bp3.blogger.com/_RFS-p4dq8JY/RceJZA26_2I/AAAAAAAAApY/FmgPrs6w9Xg/s1600-h/IMG_9548.JPG

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger jocie said…

    bets, i should have warned you. i knew about this proclivity for bad boyz years ago. becca would swoon over those beans 'n rice eating brazilian bad boyz...and she was a missionary for pete's sake. old habits die hard...even when you're in the service of the lord.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    miss sparks, this information would have been helpful BEFORE i had a hand in breaking so many nerd hearts.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    I never even had a chance

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Me too! I like bad boys too!

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i take my shirt off constantly.


    there--i just did it again. aaaand i didn't shave this morning.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger bex said…

    dear scruffy anonymous shirt-taker-offer,

    Will be you be unshaven and available to be my date to my sister's wedding in July?

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger bex said…

    otherwise i might have to look pete up and see what he is doing that day.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Tan Pete?

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger jocie said…

    once again, information that would have been useful to me YESTERDAY!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    wait you two have been roommates for three years??? somehow that makes me feel like time is spiraling out of control....

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    Just because he's from Boston, doesn't make him a bad boy. Haven't you seen The Departed? ALL Bostonians are like that!

    I happen to know for a FACT that Marky-Mark listens to gospel and oldies radio on Sundays, and avoids hip-hop nowadays because he "doesn't like where it takes his mind" anymore.

    I heart Marky-Mark 4-Eva.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Joy said…

    Best.Post.Ever.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes i will be free
    -anonymous

     

Post a Comment

<< Home