the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, September 08, 2006

Having bad eyesight is the new awesome

I have been wearing glasses for the last I-don't-know-how-many years. The other day I was thinking that I would get some contacts to switch things up a little. I made an appointment, went to the eye doctor, and walked out with two new pairs of fancy shmancy glasses and probably won't ever wear the contacts I bought. I can't help it if i need different glasses to express every distinct mood that i might have.

the originials. for when i am feeling dextrous, yet unpretentious

the new black and white glasses for when i am feeling especially pensive and progressive.

the new metallic bronze glasses with rhinestones up the sides for when i am feeling unconstrained and spontaneous.

okay, okay. j/k. they all are pretty much just glasses and i am pretty much making the same face in all of them. But sometimes it seems like I get identified for wearing glasses, and that no one would even recognize me if I took them off anymore. Even when using the My Heritage face recognition tool, where you can upload your photo and find out which celebrity you resemble the most, I get the same feeling. Submit a photo of my roommate, and the nice machine tells her that she resembles knockouts like Hilary Duff and Jessica Alba. It takes one look at me, and this is who it tells me I look like:

I am trying to tell myself that it is only seeing the glasses.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Bex you look fab in anything. I'm saving up for lasik. My eyeballs are such an odd shape that they don't make contacts that fit. Plus they hurt. I hate glasses.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger bex said…

    aaron, you know that i am always telling you that you look like 50 cent. hello.

    thanks, alice. as soon as i think glasses quit being stylish i might switch too. for now i am just too lazy for contacts.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger David said…

    reba,

    i thought the woody allen thing explained your obsession with human sexuality and the mildly socially crippling neuroses... and a penchant for cute eyewear.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    plus, when you wear glasses people feel like they shouldn't punch you. This is a thing that I count on, often.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    My vote though is for blackandwhite.

    sexxxy

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger dr_b_rock said…

    as a former all of the time dark glasses wearer I am still genuinly suprised when people who knew me then recognize me now when they run into me. I honestly thought that my glasses were my disguise. Sigh. I guess that I'm not a super hero. . .
    ps hi becca, I online stalk you now via the blogosphere!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger bex said…

    hi brooke! if it makes you feel any better, i never knew it was you stalking me on the internet. your disguise worked really well for that.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    i hope when i finally give in and get the glasses my poor eyesight demands, that i can rock them half as hard as bex.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home