the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Down south is the new awesome

Last weekend I went on a road trip with Robyn,


Shawn,


and Wayne.


Robyn and Shawn just bought a new Hybrid they wanted to test out on the open highway and our good friend Dustin was directing his first play down in San Diego.

You might remember that we like mix cd challenges
here on the new awesome. Shawn also likes mix cd challenges and he proposed we have a little mix cd challenge on our drive down. This is my ipod playing the winning mix. My ipod didn't even know it was playing the winning mix when I took this picture!


We stayed with Jed who is so sophisticated.


We got to see Mandy and meet her awesome fiance Ryan.


We got to see Dustin and Melissa!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We got to see the play Dustin directed!


Who knew we had so many great friends in San Diego!
Me, Dustin, Wayne, Shawn, Robyn, Jed, Matt, Amy, Mandy, Greg and Melissa.


We also ate mega breakfasts at Coco's with Dave and Greg.



I have known Dave and Greg for almost forever.


Here's all of us at breakfast standing next to a special tree that is growing something funny.


Dear San Francisco,
Thanks for letting us visit southern california for the weekend and still being so nice and beautiful when we got home.
Love,
Betsy

13 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger bex said…

    we sure know some beautiful people.

    did wayne have to ride with his knees up like that the entire time?

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I'm totally going to make fluffy hair the new cool.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really bummed that I couldn't participate in the challenge. I do love a good contest. It's all about winning, right? Good job Bets for taking home the gold.

    And thank you Greg for advertising for us.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I forgot to mention I totally won $15 worth of itunes downloads for winning first place!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Road Trips Rule.

    I'll get you your 15 downloads shortly.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Guess what just happened everyone! I got an email for my 20 free itunes downloads!!! Turns out 20 is the smallest amount!! What should i buy?

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger bex said…

    all those beach boys songs you are always saying that you wished you owned

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Stop it.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Also, look how I'm single-handedly making my comments section totally huge!!!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Hey roommate, have fun at letterpress tonight!!!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll make your comment section huger, but only to point out I posted about the trip on my blog.

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger k8 said…

    i can't even talk about how sad i am that i missed this trip for stupid seattle. (not that seattle is stupid.)

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jed said…

    Last weekend was a wild, WILD ride.

    Thanks for visiting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home