the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hiking (the real kind) is the new awesome

Wayne and I have been talking about hiking for almost the whole 2 1/2 years I've lived in San Francisco. Saturday morning we finally got our acts together and hiked the Lands End Trail.

I called Wayne on my way home from work on Friday night and said "let's hike tomorrow morning! I'll meet you at your aparment at 10am!" This is how I felt about my awesome idea on Saturday morning. Maybe you remember this feeling has happened to me before.


The Lands End Trail starts right by the Legion of Honor and you have the most beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge almost the whole time. Along the way there are so many stairs that you walk down. Sometimes I would remember that we would have to walk back up them on our way back. Wayne has been doing the stair machine at the gym lately. Not the pansy Stairmaster from the 90's...but the new cool stair machines that are like real moving stairs. He wasn't worried about walking back up them at all.


One of the many treats associated with the Lands End Trail is that 1/2 through, you end up at the Sutro Baths by the Cliff House.


Here's wayne in the tunnel at the Sutro Baths.


This is what you find at the end of the tunnel. I love where I live.


Wayne doesn't like to brag but he's pretty much one of the top 10 bodies in San Francisco.


On our way back, Wayne had to go to the bathroom. There was no outhouse. I did not look. I looked at my camera instead.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love you Bets. Next time we're going to Point Bonita Lighthouse.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    but what does this dirt free city "hike" have to do with the awesome real kind? (and was the trail named after the mail-order catalog?)

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger jordan said…

    Betsy,

    you look hot.

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger bex said…

    wayne is such hot stuff

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Um cache? There was tons of dirt on this real hike.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Also, Wayne, I love you too.

    Also, Jordan, so many people I talk to these days talk about your rad blog.

    Roommate, are you home yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home