the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Doug is the new awesome

I've been waiting for the perfect moment to wish my brother-in-law Doug a happy birthday. And it didn't feel right until now. It totally wasn't the right time on his actual birthday, April 22nd.

One of the reasons we all love Doug is that he's so attentive. Here Suzy (my little sis, Doug's wife) is explaining to someone how she has to literally grab Doug and shake him to get his attention.


If you know me, you know that I like self-portraits. Here's an early round of self-portraits from a BBQ at Suzy and Doug's before they moved to Utah (lame).
Here's me with short blonde hair. That's the color my hair is suppose to be.

Look how cute Suzy is in her self portrait!

And here's Doug!


It's also great to have Doug around when you want to see how your denim jacket looks on a guy.


Also, sometimes he wears his favorite jacket to the airbrush convention.


Happy birthday! If you're wondering what your present is, here's a hint!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i think it would be cool if you photoshopped a picture of allie in every photo of doug.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    maybe doug can help us photoshop allie in. ahem. doug?

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's no joke - I often need to shake Doug in order to get him to pay attention.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bets we need to talk. where in the library of birhday etiquette books did you find the book that said, "posting 4 horrible pictures of your birthday buddy, will make them feel specail...Oh and don't forget the perfect Picture of your self. Although I have to admit...the airbrush jacket photo...HOT!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Um, are we looking at the same blog post because fine, the self-portrait is not your best but those of us who were there know your eyes looked like that from the firepit smoke and not the drugs.

    All the others are hot.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    doug,
    at the risk of sounding anything but totally pro-betsy i will just say that she has better taste in pictures of herself that she posts (always cute, always hot) than for the rest of us (in my case not cute nor hot). I don't know you, doug-- so maybe those are the best pictures of you-- but I think that maybe the way to settle this is to send in a better photo of yourself that will support your case.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    emily hates me.

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried-- turns out I am just really un-photogenic. But I am really funny -- and thats why people like me. So what if I cant keep my eyes open, or smile "correctly" in a picture... Ill tell you what I can do. I can quote funny lines from movies -- and people laugh. try and take a picture of THAT -- Betsy

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I love Doug. Please bring my sister and your baby and come back to California immediately.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    no. i don't hate you. If i did, i would try to claim that your pictures on the blog aren't hot. so there. i love you. and i just proved it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home