the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, April 21, 2006

SF vs. NYC is the new awesome

So I have to be honest. I never thought it would happen. I never thought it would ACTUALLY happen. But it did! And it started happening on Wednesday night! Di and Karisa did it. They flew from New York City (that's where they live) to San Francisco (that's where we live)! Their main goal was to see Rebecca and I because we look so fun on the internet. Also, maybe they have other friends? And possibly they might want to see some famous San Francisco things like bridges, taquerias, trolley cars and Robin Williams.

Di and Karisa had their own vacation adventures on Thursday thrift-storing in the Mission while the rest of us worked. I told them not to worry about getting lost because San Francisco is so much easier than New York City.

That night Rebecca, Di, Karisa, old man and I rode the n-judah downtown to meet Cameron at Osha Thai.


Jeff was going to join us but he was busy working on a homeless man's teeth. Sometimes homeless teeth take longer than regular teeth.

So much friending and fun stuff happened at Osha Thai with Rebecca, Cameron and Di but none of those pictures turned out.

Who cares though because Karisa and I like eachother so much already!


In the MUNI station we had Cameron take pictures of just the girls. We totally didn't make him do twenty retakes. We were this cute right from the start.


Hey New York! You're not the only city that knows how to throw a first rate birthday bash!


San Francisco, you're doing such a good job being the best city!

9 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Brigham said…

    Let me be a nerd about this.

    Apple just released software that allows you to run Windows on Macs like it's no big deal. I used a PowerBook running Windows for the first time yesterday and it was so . . . weird. I recognized Windows, I recognized the PowerBook, but the two together . . . w e i r d, almost disturbing.

    Now my computer is showing me pictures of famous New Yorkers hanging out with famous San Franciscans. It's no less weird to see than a Macintosh running windows, and only slightly less disturbing.

    Signed,
    Jealous Brigham

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is n-judah a short way of saying Nanjunda?

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    Did you tell them about how you broke all the fancy porcelain thai untesils we used? Oh Sergio!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I want to do a Seattle vs. San Francisco. I think San Francisco will probably win because all we have here is the Space Needle and Microsoft headquarters. We do have a giant troll under the Aurora bridge though.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Sometimes I hate this comments scroll box thingy so I'm changing us back to the old way without even asking permission first.

    Brigham don't worry. Most of the time we just talk about you. And sometimes we talk about pumpkin curry.

    I totally forgot to post about how Cameron threw his fancy porcelain thai spoon at the obnoxious-laughed girlfriend of Sergio and it shattered all over the floor!

    Cindy, just stop with all the talk and come visit.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger gretel said…

    bets, i have to come visit too! you guys look like so much fun!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    Oh the Betsy, the tales we weave...

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Brigham said…

    I deleted my comment for being retarded.

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger bex said…

    cindy - i think you are underestimating the power of your bridge troll. we don't have anything half that cool. our bridges just have tolls.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home