the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Monday, May 01, 2006

Kumquats are the new awesome

I'm not even kidding.
Have you tried them?
I was at Trader Joe's this weekend and there they were. Staring at me in their cute little plastic tub. The cutest little fruits ever.


Hang on, they get even cuter! Are you ready for this?


The sign at Trader Joe's said:
"Kumquats have a thin, sweet peel and a tart center. The kumquat tastes best if it is gently rolled between the fingers before being eaten, as this releases the essential oils in the rind. Eat kumquats as you would eat grapes (with the peel!)." (Fun and crazy!)

The sign wasn't even kidding.

Mostly I just wanted to say this is my favorite new fruit.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i didn't know Betsy was a fruit!?

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger k8 said…

    kumquats are a little pervy if you ask me.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    um. weird. not kumquats.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    thanks for calling me over to enjoy them with you.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    don't worry cowpoke...i have more. hair cut tonight.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Update! I've eaten all but two of the kumquats. I think I might need to wait a week or so before I buy more.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brigham sent me over to look at your website because I too like mario cart and live in san francisco. When i saw the post on kumquats, I got so excited. i love kumquats.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    oh yes! the kumquats post comes back to life! and i was feeling so much pressure to update the blog today!

    cynthia...brigham, san francisco and kumquats are all very impressive things. please come over and play with rebecca and i anytime.

    aaron...of course i'm interested in defending my title.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    my mom's been slicing those up and putting them in salads for years. you guys are soooo behind the times.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    maybe the best thing about school is that there is one secret corridor (outdoors) that is lined with kumquat trees. I always pick them on my way to class. But now all the good ones are way high up. Any ideas on how to pick those?

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    wow. this kumquats post has really taken on a life of it's own.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home