the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fessing up is the new awesome

So, maybe you have been sitting there at your computer thinking to yourself "those TNA girls sure are getting lazy" or maybe you might wonder if the mob came over and broke our internet fingers or if our computers exploded because we were downloading too many mullet photos. Because, seriously, we haven't been blogging. Well, actually it is a lot less exciting. Things have been kind of going crazy lately with bets' impending wedding and, gulp, mostly with MOVING. That is right. Betsy moved out. Of our apartment. And left me all alone.

Believe me, I am still sort of in shock over it all. For a few days straight, the old lady in a straw hat and i just sat in bet's empty bedroom and stared at eachother sadly in silence.


Then I got up and decided to assess the situation in the apartment. The first thing I noticed was all of the things that I used to use all the time that apparently were not mine. Like, once Betsy took all of her food out, our fridge looked a little sad and lonely. Granted, I had been in Russia for a few weeks, so I hadn't been shopping, but my fridge hasn't been this empty since college. Now the cold empty expanse of the fridge is just a physical metaphor for the current state of my heart.
Also, she took all the spices with her, and just left a few that I had my initials on them. Does it seem strange to anyone else that the only spices that I own are Marjoram and Celery Seed?

Apparently I don't own any pots or pans, either. (Not that it matters, since apparently I don't have any food to cook in them anyway). I have plenty of plates, and silverware, and pretty bowls to display prepared food in. But no pots and pans. So I have had a good excuse to buy all sorts of pretty kitchenware.

I also had to buy a new couch, and new tv, and a new tv table, and some new shoes, and have been painting the living room to try to make my apartment look like normal again.

So, maybe all that explains why we haven't been blogging much, but now we have all these saved up photos to talk about, so I think TNA can get back on track. Maybe bets will even post her photo of October cat, since we are a little overdue there and I think Nathaniel has probably worried himself sick wondering what this month's cat looks like.

16 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    What's going to happen to TNA? Have you guys discussed this? Half of my viewership comes from your blog. Are you going to get a new roommate? You should just move out here and pay $600 a month for rent like me and have your own apartment.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    Wait, are those blonde streaks in your hair? How do you always have the most awesome hair? You are like the new Meg Ryan for my in hair idolatry.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger bex said…

    We have not totally decided what to do with TNA quite yet. I mean, we have blogging in the blood, so no matter what, the internet won't be rid of us quite yet... maybe we will have to take a TNA poll and see what people think we should do.

    And thanks for noticing my blonde streaks! That is the other thing I did while I was in Oregon.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger m-l-e said…

    Clearly the only fair thing to do is for you and Betsy to engage in a battle royale of feats of strength and daring do for control of the blog. I'm not saying who my money is on, but come on! I mean, we all know the REAL purpose of the Russia trip, no?

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger robin marie said…

    sad day that your apartment is so empty! but i can't wait to see how snazzy you make it! please let TNA live on... my mom constantly tells me about your posts.... do it for the moms!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger nathaniel said…

    you're killing me! more cats in hats please!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Tannertrue said…

    Its about friggin' time you posted again.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    sorry I broke up the most functional domestic partnership ever.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    this post makes me so sad. (cry cry) TNA is not over yet.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wish i could move to san francisco and be a new addition to a sweet apartment and smart (in more ways than one) roommate and awesome blog.

    utah is such a yawn these days.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    Empty fridge. Like the emptiness of your heart.
    sniffle.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Veeda said…

    TNA should still exist.

    How sad to see your apartment so empty, and with out the white couch! My first date with Brendan included us stopping by your place to hear the election results with everyone.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    santos you are killing me. way to go. TNA will live on. it just has to.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    Wait a second.....Bets and Bex are supposed to always live together. This shit ain't right.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger English said…

    sugarcube's right. It makes me feel lonely inside. Marriage is for birds.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger bex said…

    Actually, Keith, I think marriage is only for penguins. Right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home