the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Living the dream is the new awesome

I don't know if you guys have noticed the internet explosion that can only come about when hardcore bloggers are hanging out, but I am in New York with Cindy and Brigham, and we have been doing awesome things like going to see Pirates of the Carribean 3 (since we all saw Pirates 1 together back when we all lived in Provo).

One of the things that I have been happiest about was getting to slum around the Fashion District and go to Mood, where all the contestants of my favorite show Project Runway go to get the fabric to make their masterpieces.

Just think - all my Project Runway heroes have been here in these isles, touching these fabrics! (Ew Jaron - don't touch that bolt. I think Angela used it)

This is Cindy modeling some potential fabric, and Jaron telling her anything she wants to hear so that she will just buy some stupid fabric and get us all out of the store.

We were in there awhile, and spent a lot of time just gawking. so. many.beautiful. fabrics.
I bought some lovely fabric to send to Nicole so that she can make me my own my own awesome Elsa Bag, and got some other fabrics for myself since I have so many vintage patterns to turn into dresses.

I don't even care what we do the rest of the trip out here in NY. My Project Runway dreams have now come true.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I'm so jealous of your future Elsa bag, it's going to be so amazing!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger each of the two said…

    Also to enjoy at Mood, the slightly disgruntled not quite gay but maybe guys that work there (part of the family) and always seem annoyed to help you. oh and great shoes stores also in that disctrict.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    that t-shirt!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i noticed that i have been wearing that same t-shirt in many recent blog posts. I swear it isnt the only shirt that i own. maybe it has magic powers that make blog-worthy events happen when I have it on?

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Roommate your east coast vacation is so long it's obvious you've probably had to do laundry because who can pack that much stuff? So it's okay that you've worn that shirt a lot because we know you've totally washed it.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    oh, all i meant was that i really liked it.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger elsa bags said…

    i finally received your fabric and i can't wait for you to have an elsa bag myself. i only hope you'll want to sleep with them and fill them up and...

    elsa would be rolling in her grave if she heard me writing these words!

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger elsa bags said…

    oh and cindy - who are you kidding. you can sew a bag just as well- if not better!!!

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Weaveron Textile said…

    The fabric is comfortable to wear for everyday use

     

Post a Comment

<< Home