the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mail is the new awesome

Most days this is what our mail haul looks like here at our apartment. Junk, bills, magazines, and whatever internet shopping parcels bex has coming her way (bex is so good at internet shopping).


Sometimes it's fun to get a surprise in the mail from an actual friend! But that doesn't happen as often as the junk deliveries. Saturday I got a card in the mail and I was so excited because it was from my friend Kelly Olsen in Palo Alto! I thought about it for a second and realized I didn't remember who Kelly Olsen was. Could it be? I'm so popular and have so many friends I completely lose track of them? So I opened the card and it was so cute and hip! I love Kelly! We must be such good friends!


Then I looked a little closer. And then I opened the card and read it.


Roast. On me.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger English said…

    Roast really though?

    Handwritten ya know. Sorta special.

    Imagine how great your ass must have looked to merit a special note.

    That's the kind of service you get in my hometown. People lovin' service.

    This is the Nordstroms my brother worked security, and broke his first car window with his mighty fist for.

    This is the Nordstroms I had little boy sunday clothes picked out for me in the Brass Rail.

    This is my Nordstroms, and though I only go there to buy Topsiders now, I am proud they sent you a love letter about your new pant.

    Roast indeed Betsy. Roast in the sensual warmth of affection and concern.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i kind of wonder how she got your address. like, if she had to get all sneaky and steal it off your credit card statement ... and here we are thinking that she is a really nice sales girl, when really she is going to track you down and steal your identity!!!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Kelly would never steal my identity.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger bex said…

    okay. but what if she shows up in the middle of the night sometime trying to sell you more jeans?

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger bex said…

    and keith? i have never shed a sentimental tear over nordstroms until today.

    thank you.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Keith don't think I didn't notice your use of the word "pant."

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    At Pottery Barn they make us write a thank you note when someone buys a piece of furniture. But I don't know if I would do it anytime someone spent $200. I think Kelly really cares.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    Jordan, you only work at pttery barn once every six months. For all you know, they're throwing birthday parties for everyone who walks in the door.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger jordan said…

    Cameron, I'll have you know that I've been working at least once a week. I'd also like to point out I am paid minimum wage.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger marshall p said…

    that used to happen to me all the time, so I stopped shopping at Nordstrom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home