the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Island Themed Season Finale Parties are the new awesome

Last Wed all of America essentially held their breath with anticipation as the final episode of LOST: season 2 unfolded. And we were there, holding our breath along with the best of them. Since we are big fans (the nerdy kind that read about the show on the internet in our spare time), of course we threw a finale party. We hung some big leaves on our door (because, you know - LOST!) and invited everyone over for dinner.

We decided to eat burritos, since I imagine that is probably what people stuck on a tropical island typically eat.

Our chip and salsa appetizers were really almost too cute for consumption.


True LOST fans are (obviously) very enthusiastic about fruit skewers.


Jordan brought these fantastic tropical island smoothies, complete with little paper umbrellas.


You may think that they are too cute to drink, but the fact that i think i had 4 of them over the course of one very intense evening would mean that you are WRONG. very wrong.


Betsy was having a tough time deciding which yummy burrito meat to use. so she went with a duo burrito: half chicken, half beef! very creative, roommate. i think hurley would have been quite proud of your culinery ingeniuity.


For dessert, we made banana boats, which involves stuffing a banana (skin on) full of peanut butter, chocolate, marshmellows and coconut, wrapping it it foil and sticking it in the oven.


Then you get your own little foil wrapped treat to eat warm, right out of the peel. Just like we all would if we were stuck on an island.


I know it looks like we spent the whole evening eating, and not watching the show, but trust me. We watched it. All 2 hours. And gave Michael and Charlie dirty looks the whole time.

I think it is obvious that we are going to have a hard time knowing what to do with our Wednesdays until Season 3 starts up in the Fall.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger English said…

    "You may think that they are too cute to drink, but the fact that i think i had 4 of them over the course of one very intense evening would mean that you are WRONG. very wrong."

    I laugh out loud at how wrong I was.

    That party looks delicious.

    Happy Memorial day.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    I don't know how I'll live w/out Sawyer for the summer....
    aaaarrrgghhhhh the agony

    ps Rebecca it was awesome sharing the civil war experience with you

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Banana boats! I'm silly--when I was little, I thought my mom had invented these but apparently she sold the recipe to your moms as well.

    Props to Jordan in the Beat Happening "Black Candy" shirt. Such a terrific album and such a terrific shirt.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger jordan said…

    I love that I bought the tshirt at a thrift store four years ago but whenever I wear it I become a hero in the eyes of all the indies.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    I've never heard of that band, Jordan, and I think that we've got Paul to credit for any good taste of yours. Even the accidental kind.

    Also, Becca, if you think that we've seen the last of Michal and Walt, you are so stupid that i could kill you you stupid jerk idiot.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like that the only question that the two hour episode answered was: "Can I be more confused"

    answer: "yup"

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    "Also, Becca, if you think that we've seen the last of Michal and Walt, you are so stupid that i could kill you you stupid jerk idiot."

    This made me laugh so so so hard.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger American Cowboy said…

    i love you too Betsy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home