the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dancing drama is the new awesome

OK, tonight was the second round on So You Think You Can Dance. Here are some of my thoughts after watching tonight's episode:

1) I still love Hok.

2) I don't love Lacey anymore. Sometimes I think she might be making babies backstage with her partner Kameron. This kind of behavior might start catching up with them eventually. I think she is an amazing dancer but when she's telling us to vote for her I forget how great a dancer she is and it leaves me concentrating on how annoying she is. Also, I think she is Lisa Marie Presley.

3) I thought Lauren was going to be my favorite girl forever but after tonight I thought she was a little bit snoozeville. Her partner Neil however was SO great in that hip hop routine.

4) I think Jaimie has breast implants.

5) I didn't like Jessi and Pasha initially because I thought they were both too good looking. But after tonight's super rad bird jazz number, I've changed my mind. I love them. And I'm not even jealous of their good looks anymore.

6) The only thing I remember about Danny and Anya is the super plunging V-neck sweater with no t-shirt underneath Danny was wearing when they drew what dance they were going to be dancing out of the hat. It's nice that Danny has a freshly waxed chest but the man cleavage was almost more than I could handle. It made me feel awkward.

7) Speaking of awkward, remember how Faina hates her partner Cedric?

8) Sara is my absolute favorite girl ever! In my dream ending, Hok and Sara win.

9) Sabra and Dominic were really good tonight. And I loved how Dominic strategically cried when they were critiquing him for dramatic effect.

10) Shauna and Jimmy's routine was great. Although the actual stomping part was kind of dumb. There should have been more hand claps than feet stomps.

Any predictions for who leaves tomorrow night?

Also, better late than never Nathaniel...
June Cat!

13 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger chelle. said…

    ditto, ditto, ditto.

    and i think for sure that lmp (lisa marie presley, aka lacey) and kameron are totally making babies.

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger bex said…

    wait a second. I came back! I posted! How can our blog still turn into June cats and SYTYCD posts?

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger nathaniel said…

    i built it up too much in my mind, so i'm disappointed.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    (june cat isn't very good nathaniel. that's probably why i forgot to post the picture. sorry.)

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Ashlynn {mamabear} said…

    I TOTALLY AGREE! Hok will win - he moved good last night!

    I hate that Faina smiles while she gets compliments (which is crazy because she danced what she knows) while Cedric gets dissed. Why didn't she try to help him? She is a mean girl that can dance.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    a dancing show... COME ON!!!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    whatever santos, remember how we're totally watching the results show tonight? and remember how you can't stop talking about how you wish you had taken ballet as a child?

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger each of the two said…

    now THAT'S what i'm talkin about.


    wednesdays (for me) are the newest most awsomest, with SYTYCD, Rescue me AND Top Chef!


    (and i think Bex secretly loves SYTYCD and cats, she just wants to add argumental spice)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger David said…

    sorry, none of those hip hoppers have a chance. they are talented, but realy can't compare to danny or pasha. seriously, it's in the details. when those hip hop kids do ballroom they look stiff and awkward, but danny and pasha freaking bring it.

    grace.

    i like anya even though the host calls her "anyer"

    in my perfect world, cedric, hok, and dominic would all be axed.

    seriously, they are good at what they do, but they are the dead weight in all of their dances outside of hip hop.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I disagree David...I think Cedric (who blows my mind when he does his thing) looked soooo amateur last night but Hok and Dominic put up a valiant effort.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    I never really think I'll be attracted to Pasha, but then he starts dancing and all I want to do is touch his body.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Kam said…

    I love that you love SYTYCD! That is my guilty pleasure for the summer. Anyway, lets play!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    f*bomb wrote my exact thoughts about pasha.

    my week 2 favorites: pasha, jessi, anya and danny. and neil. and i'm sure i spelled most of them incorrectly.

    also, i adore hok but he looked so silly in his shirt opened to the navel and high-waisted ballroom britches. i couldn't watch...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home