the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Moving on is the new awesome

So. Since it appears that bets is serious about this whole wedding thing, I decided that I had better come to terms with it and get myself a new roommate. Her name is Aubrey. She moved in last week, and she is both new and awesome, and I am almost afraid to post about her because I am pretty sure that you will all have superhuman crushes on her. Because I kind of do.


It is always sort of fun living with someone for the first time. Even if you knew them before, when you actually share living space you see sides of them that you never did before. These are a few things that I think that you should know about my new roommate:

* she is a photographer, of the extremely talented variety.

* she doesn't eat animals, but she also doesn't give me dirty looks when i eat bacon.

* she looks really good in stretch pants.

* she has promised to teach me how to drive a stick shift. maybe in the parking lot of Safeway or something.

* she has a little nose piercing, and sometimes i walk into the bathroom and find her sticking some tweezers up there. she says she is just making sure that everything is clean, but i don't know about that.

* she does not believe in social networking sites.

* she wears these pajama shorts to bed that have a big saggy butt and look a little bit like a diaper. (or a lot like a diaper)

* she takes one bite of whatever piece of fruit she is eating, and then puts it back into the fruit bowl.

* she says the word poop whenever she can

You will probably be seeing much more of her, so prepare yourselves.

14 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    YES! I'm excited. I was getting bored of Bets. J/K. BYTHEWAY>>>>GOING BACK TO BLONDE BETS IT SUPER DUPER HARD.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger bex said…

    Alice! You can't only go brown for 2 seconds. You have to keep it for at least a few months. Otherwise that really IS a lot of hair work.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I've been booted off my blog!

    Alice, you're already going back to blond? Tired of the brunette already? It's a long, tough road but you'll be okay. Have you found a salon in Zurich?

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger each of the two said…

    i am uncomfortable with the transition, i just loves me some Bets, but i also love new friends!

    i think im going to have some tea and sort it out.

    and a cookie.

    or 2.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger bex said…

    bets! i couldn't help it. you moved out. someone had to pay the other part of the rent.

    i need a cookie too, eott

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger jordan said…

    Hooray for Aubrey.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Damian said…

    she better be good at roommate or else!

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    hmmm...thank goodness bets is still in sf! i just took a look @ aubrey's talent. holy smokes, can i pick up some of that somewhere? good luck w/ the transition lady.

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Tannertrue said…

    She may give you dirty looks when we have bacon cheers though...

    "Why can't I have that much fun?" She'll say.

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger f*bomb. said…

    Are you sure your new roommate isn't Scarlett Johansson? Because she looks an awful lot like Scarlett Johansson.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss Bets....

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    Exciting! I've seen the work she did with Jordan's wedding photos and started a little friend crush already!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    The word poop is an excellent word.

    Who doesn't believe in social networking sites?

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Janan said…

    I'm a friend of Pepper, but you gals are hilarious and I often come to check out your posts. I looked through aubrey's photos. Gorgeous. I wish I were getting married again and that it hadn't happened almost 11 years ago with just family taking pictures, but that I were getting married in a few months and that I could have wedding pictures that are THAT alive and inspiring. gosh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home