the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, October 27, 2006

Dealing with it is the new awesome

Guess who was back on my ceiling when I got home from work. Yep, this guy.


Our ceilings are high in our cute SF apartment. Way too high to reach even if you're tall and stand on a chair. I happened to be talking with a good friend of mine when I noticed my eight-legged houseguest was back. He suggested I use a broom. But there was way too much risk involved in a broom. The spider could totally survive a broom swat. So instead I thought I would get a long candle that had a flat end and just carefully smoosh the spider with the end of the candle and then have a paper towel handy just in case I needed it. So I got ready.


Then I chickened out and realized two things. I needed more surface area for smooshing and I needed to protect my head with a baseball hat (Go Giants!) in case the spider fell on it and attacked me.


Dealt with.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Tannertrue said…

    Giants stink.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is the cutest death machine i have ever seen!!!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so brave Betsy!

    I use to believe in the don't kill spiders philosophy but then I read that most house spiders you put outside will die (because they need to be indoors to survive).

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    i don't even feel bad about all the killing.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Cache said…

    you are so cute

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    oh man you're brave.

    also, that spider lookd like he had a lot of crunch to him.

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger aporitic said…

    Here's a tip:

    You can totally shoot spiders off the ceiling with rubber bands.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    ...because that's safe.

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger bex said…

    i am always so scared of where the spider guts are going to land when you smash the spider on the ceiling. Because spider guts are almost as gross as live spider. Hense, the headgear, huh bets?

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    exactly. the only thing worse than live spiders and spider guts is spider guts falling into your lovely hair.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home