the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Friday, October 27, 2006

Arachnophobia is the new awesome

Yesterday was a rough day so I went to bed nice and early. So early in fact that I woke up at 4:45am, 45 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I turned my light on and as I lay there in bed thinking about how nice it feels to actually get enough sleep I saw this on my ceiling...


...or something kinda like it. I freaked and jumped out of bed because I'm sure it was about to pounce on me, then stood there contemplating my options. Do I try to kill it myself (absolutely ridiculous)? Do I wake up Rebecca so she can kill it (almost as absolutely ridiculous)? I didn't know what to do so I took a shower.

(One cool thing about living in our apartment in San Francisco is that we have no spiders. Ants on occasion but spiders almost never. And this is the best thing ever because I'm pretty sure I suffer from a mild case of arachnophobia.)

When I got out of the shower and went back into my bedroom, spider was gone. Vanished. Poof! Into thin air. Or it's hiding in some corner of my bedroom waiting to attack me sometime this weekend.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger bex said…

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    I really hope it didn't decide to go live in my room. Probably it really likes your rooma and will decide that it wants to have babies in your pillow.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should never kill spiders. Always let them go free. They kill other bad and annoying things like flies that buzz around.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger bex said…

    my worst spider experience was in the shower. (not in SF)

    i climbed into the shower, turned the water on, looked down and there was a big black spider was on my stomach. maybe it had been on my towel or in the shower just waiting to pounce on me. all i know was that i am lucky that i didnt lose my footing because i jumped so high and screamed so loud before washing him down the drain

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger bex said…

    but alice. have you seen how gross they are?

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    roommate, i'm sorry you had to find out about the spider this way. do you think you can maybe go in my room and see if it's back up on the ceiling and if it is, kill it?

    alice, i will kill every spider i can build up the courage to kill. i don't live in the jungle. maybe in the jungle they kill other bad things...but in my bedroom they just want to attack me.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger bex said…

    or your rat. minnen ratta is not safe until that spider is dead!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    Holy crap, Mr. Rat is just sitting right there on my desk.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Y'know, if you welcome thme kindly then they won't bug (no pun intended) you and or bite you. Make PEACE not WAR!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was a spider on my wall when I woke up this morning and normally I am terrified, but I was feeling a little pissy today so I smashed it with my bare hand.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Cache said…

    in my experience with spiders, if you corner two of them and eat one of them alive the other one will run away freaked out of his mind and tell all the other spiders about it. and with spider's social web as it is they all find out and not a single one will be willing to set up camp in your room. same thing works with mice, just not as well.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i heard that people eat about 7 spiders a year in their sleep without even knowing it.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger bex said…

    i think that casche wins. eat 1 spider a year knowingly and scare the other 6 away.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I just got home from work and guess what's back on my ceiling!!!!! CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!! Would someone please come over right now???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home