the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Thursday, July 05, 2007

So many stairs are the new awesome

The weather has been great here in SF so Steve and I decided to go hiking tonight. We started at Baker Beach in the Presidio and ended up at the Land's End trail.


We found this plant that Steve will probably identify using the Jepson Manual on his nerd blog but to me, it looks like a plant from my favorite Dr. Seuss book Horton Hears a Who.


As we were walking along we noticed a sign for the Mile Rock Beach warning us there was a steep slope and steps ahead.


So we walked down millions and millions of steps to see what this hidden beach was all about. There was a beautiful view and we thought we should document the moment. Unfortunately it was really sunny and I forgot my sunglasses.



After our failed self-photography attempt we realized all those giant steps we trotted down were waiting for us.


Steve wasn't worried at all.


Neither was I.


And after hoofing it up the 229 giant steps Steve was still all smiles. Annoying.


Here's me pretending I'm not about to have a heart attack.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    the first morning i walked to my office i took a wrong turn and went up the 111 staircase. i thought that'd be the end of it. not until some 13 yr old challenged me to running up them tuesday! way to go guys!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger bex said…

    i am going to go hiking down there with my microscope so that i can see all the Whos of Who-ville. Who would have known that they were here in SF?

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    i totally kicked your butt on those stairs. It must be my snake like reflexes or is it my snake catching reflexes.
    If only these skills translated to Guitar hero...

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    you sort of did. whatever.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger kcb said…

    girrrrl you should come running UP them with me sometime. they're killer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home