the new awesome

whatever we are blogging about, that's the new awesome

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Copycats are the new awesome

It turns out, when you live with someone for a few years, it is hard to not dress alike, listen to the same music, and buy all the same stuff.

So of course, i didn't even blink when betsy came home one day sporting a new razor phone, just like mine.


And i didn't say anything when i noticed that she even started copying me when i was being a girl. no big deal, right?


granted, it might have gone a little too far when betsy came back from christmas vacation sporting a new hairstyle....

(before christmas vacation):


(after christmas vacation):


but now I don't even feel bad that I am going to buy a new camera that looks just like hers this week.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger David said…

    i can't wait for the inevitable "debauchery is the new awesome" segment

    they do say imitation is the highest form of flattery. but those same people also say that time heals all wounds, and that laughter is the best medicine.

    that's top notch science right there

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said…

    I have brown hair too!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger marshall p said…

    hey, you know what's fun? fun is going to the hospital cafe and 1 a.m. on a Saturday night with a bunch of hip kids and be really loud and laughing, then when the rental cops come by telling you to "keep it down" "sick people, dying relatives" yadda yadda, you say, "don't they know laughter is the best medicine?"
    that's fun.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I have totally eaten at that hospital cafe. Those same rental cops tried to arrest me for taking pictures of my friends.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    I've always wished I were a redhead.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Betsy said…

    At least I know our phone is called a Razr and not a Razor. Do you shave your legs with it?

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger bex said…

    no. i shave my legs with yours.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I flat iron my hair with yours.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger bex said…

    bracken - YOU are the new awesome!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Betsy said…

    I like being referred to as "the new brunette."

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger David said…

    i feel like i've stumbled into a blog vortex.

    what happens when "the new awesome" becomes the new awesome?

    or what about, "the new awesome" becoming the new awesome is the new awesome...

    its like time is going backwards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home